Farman 223.3 BN5, Vichy, Azur, 1/72

Hi,

Bottom side of engine gondolas: 

50760238816_cf69e975bc_o.jpg

Please note the aileron control rods and mass balance, better visible here (along with navi light made from droplet of resin glue)

50760348427_e593e9f1e2_o.jpg

Pitot tubes on middle of strut (two on left side, one on right - I do not why, but I ;ve noticed it from photos...)

The most problematic was individual name of machine S-Lieutenant CASSE on nose from both sides. It cannot be easily print as home made decal since it is white one.  I was considering use a laser cutting to get mask, but finally I quit as too complicated and difficult to organize. So I made it in the most traditional way as free hand writing. I painted some white sheet decal with blue-gray and whet it was dry, but still fresh I used the toothpick to scribe it, simply by removing blue grey paint

I can say that for me it is acceptable

50760348492_0506f7f7c8_o.jpg

BTW - the decals are not from box, there was a sub-short run of  "No 4" but what I have in box were decals for No 7 , No 5 and Free French one. 

So I can name it finished! :) , tomorrow I hope to do photos for gallery.

50759509648_4197c7b54e_o.jpg

Regarads

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 5

A day light take:

50762026132_d2e7a94664_b.jpg

It is now in Gallery, more photos are at the RFI  here:

Thank you for watching, 

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Great stuff Jerzy, looks amazing

Im really tempted to do one of these in the a French Fancy GB this year of may be the Solo version that bombed Berlin, would you recommend it as a kit to build ?

cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

Hi Pat,

Thank you. The kit is not very easy, but also not very difficult. Since it is a short run, so definitely it is not "shake and bake" kit. One things even not mentioned in instruction is rigging of engine supports. In one of first posts above  I am giving link to a review, where the rigging scheme is given. The construction of supports (struts) is also not very easy as they are designed only to stick, no any pin present. I drilled small openings and add pins o make it more sure in positions. I did not liked also the way how wings halves are suppose to be attached to fuselage so I did reinforcements for proper wing adjustment. The wings halves are long but slim, it happened to me  that when I glued them (bottom and upper parts) without special care they appeared to be slightly bound in banana shape. So I had to cut the join on edges with sharp knife (on second day) and glue it with much more care to get it flat. The u/c I assembled outside and then attached as whole to model. They are made of many elements it is not a big problem (some areas on main support leg had sunk places. so it needed filling up at the beginning). 

Perhaps that all of problems I met. You will manage, I am sure! :)

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...