Removing runners on 2K clearcoat?

coolingthunder

Hi folks, me again...

As I was just doing the body on an Alpine, I accidentally produced a runner on a door of the body.

I think I thinned the 2K (the Zero stuff) a tad too much, and I didn't move the airbrush fast enough when doing the wet coat.

Anyway, what's done is done, and as such I will have to fix this little mistake. I don't want to chuck the entire body in brake fluid and start from scratch, so what can I do?

I was thinking very fine grit sandpaper (2000+?) and sand away the runner, and then polish the affected area? Luckily this will be my first attempt at weathering as well, so if it not 100 percent perfect, that should get hidden under a layer of dust pigments or whatever I will end up using.

'

You can wet sand with fine paper to remove the run. However if it's too large to remove you risk rubbing through to the colour coat. Go slowly and remove as much as you can without affecting the colour coat and you should be okay. You may then be able to polish the body back to a good shine or you could apply another coat of clear if that doesn't work..