Matchbox Jagdpanther in 1/76th Scale.

G'day Chums,for a little light relief I thought I'd have a go at this one.It was too far advanced to qualify for the Panther GB so here we are instead.The kit was simple to assemble,the moulding can still give the industry a run for its money and the decals performed perfectly despite them being nearly as old as me.I failed to find any photography of the kit options so I went my own way with the paint job.I tried a few new things with the weathering too.The paint was all hairy sticked Humbrol,one of these days I'll get the hang of the new stuff.It's only the photography that lets it down really,I need to get the hang of the camera too.

a50101b430790c59c5e87141dc9f92d9.jpg

0d82084f9e9ab350ce6d02b2ef896945.jpg

99084b0b72aeb057426ad9a39a29b06e.jpg

946deaa85eb0bdbeef5c2c4fa8568eea.jpg

3f62a12b8e99b0b8ec06a7bbd8f1c67d.jpg

7b2f87f6f6da96a229d9241fdc4062e7.jpg

11f08a1f67ca86112cec33fbb113858d.jpg

9a2a70e4e351ddaff6d9241518b5b88d.jpg

Thanks for looking in,stay safe.

Edited by Alex Gordon
Reworking Village Photo URLs.
  • Like 19

Nice job. 👍

I always wanted to build that one when I was a kid but never got around to it. 
I really like the idea of ready-made diorama bases that matchbox pioneered with their armoured vehicles. Do any of the kit manufacturers do that anymore? 

• Like 2

No sarcasm at all!

I built one of these recently and the base as supplied is basic to say the least. Added detail on this one really sets it off - right down to the tuft of grass on the curbstone. I like the brickwork too.

Looks like the JP just messed up somebody's lawn.

• Like 2

Many thanks for the kind words and likes chums,it's much appreciated by this part time novice treadhead.

28 minutes ago, echen said:

I built one of these recently and the base as supplied is basic to say the least. Added detail on this one really sets it off - right down to the tuft of grass on the curbstone. I like the brickwork too.

Looks like the JP just messed up somebody's lawn.

I did try to do something with the base just as it comes but it just wouldn't gel.It's amazing what can be hidden with a bit of railway scenic and some diluted PVA glue.The blocks in the walls seemed to me to be too big for bricks so I tried to make them look like stone instead.Did you spot the bits of white filler that I forgot to paint? :oops: .

Thanks again all.

Edited by Alex Gordon

Made this one not so long ago , nice simple kit to cut your teeth on. Love the brickwork! What colours did you use and how did you get the mortar so realistic? I have one piece of advice for theses Matchbox kits though, pin washes for details are your friend!

• Like 1

G'day banzaiduke,thanks for the kind words.

946deaa85eb0bdbeef5c2c4fa8568eea.jpg

The paint used was Humbrol enamel throughout.The tarmac was 67 Tank Grey.The paving slabs and kerbstones were 29 Dark Earth with a drop of 167 Barley Grey mixed in,the jointing was 29 with a drop of 33 Matt Black.The walls were 29,72 Khaki Drill,118 US Tan and the 29 mixture randomly doled out onto individual stones and 148 Radome Tan thinned and run in to the mortar joints and the upper faces of some of the stones.

The tank was 148,252 RLM 82 and 248 RLM 79 with a drop of red mixed in.

0d82084f9e9ab350ce6d02b2ef896945.jpg

The rocks were picked out in various of the colours already listed,either straight or mixed and the background was darkened 29.I did attempt some puddles using gloss varnish but it wasn't really leading to anything which is why I went with the grass scatter instead.The scatter mixed with thinned 29 did the crud liberally stuck all over the tracks and wheels.The white bits are filler that I forgot to paint.

Hope I haven't bored you too much with all that.

Edited by Alex Gordon
Keyboard Dyslexia.Replace Village Photos URLs.
  • Like 1

I was a teenager when matchbox brought these kits onto the market and i built nearly all of them.The base was a great bonus,as you had a ready disply stand ,your example is to be commended well done.

• Like 1