1/48 - Vultee A-31/35 Vengeance by Dora Wings - A-31 Test Build - Available from March 1st

Wuger91

• 3 weeks later...
  • Wuger91 changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee A-31/35 Vengeance by Dora Wings - A-31 Test Build - Available from March 1st
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this in the post this morning! I pre ordered just before the conflict started at their special pre release rate. Never had a model from a war zone before.

I'd just like to say a massive thank you and best wishes to Dora Wings (and indeed all the other Ukrainian manufacturers) for keeping going during this crisis and may you and your families please stay safe. 👏

51998484922_19bd7ee756_b.jpg20220412_132053 

52000033850_36103b373d_b.jpg20220412_132223 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's a build going on by some weird bloke on the forum:

Yes indeed, so I see. Been following with great interest.

• Thanks 1

I purchased one on ebay just before the release date of 1 march...  i just got notice that shipping is resuming and my kit is on the way to the USA!  so hopefully soon we will see these kits!

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Biggles81 said:

Same here - ordered in April - still nothing heard.

Maybe you just need to wait? I don't think it's a matter of cheating. There is a real war going on in our country right now. Many things that used to be commonplace are now very complex. For example, I have not been able to send decals to Hannant's for two or three months now, because there are problems with the shipment. We are trying to adjust to the new working conditions in wartime, but this takes time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, foxbot said:

Someone already got their kit from Dora Wing: 

https://www.facebook.com/dorawingsofficial/posts/3359856517578235

There must be some geting out the country as I was surprised to receive mine way back in April. (see 11 posts above) I'm still waiting for some to arrive 'offically' as I'd love to do another one soon.

Edited by keithjs

I think we all need to stop with this bickering.  The company is in a country at war, they're close to, if not on the front line, and the usual driving force Eugen is currently fighting for his country's future, leaving his wife to try her best to fulfil our orders.  If you've bought directly, you need to be patient, as unless something horrible goes wrong, you'll get yours in due course.  You knew it was a risk when you ordered, so keep calm.  If you bought it from elsewhere, your gripe is with the 3rd party.  Most retailers won't sell you something they don't yet have, but there's always the exception, a small percentage of whom might be doing this now and regretting it.

Remember: THERE IS A WAR IN UKRAINE RIGHT NOW.

Meanwhile, here's why it's worth the wait :)

complete1.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Built totally OOB apart from a few parts that I lost and had to fabricate :blush:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I may interject:

I had a small contribution to this kit, some photo's and measurements. Getting covered in dust and fighting spiders.

I was quite stoked when I saw the screen shots with my name on the instructions, bragging rights and all.

Last week I got an email from a well known hobby shop who are sending me a couple of kits on behalf of Eugen. I hadn't expected anything so I

thought I'd order one somewhere down the track when the bad guys bog off home.

Now this guys got his butt in harms way and he's taking time out to look after me. I don't have words.

Your a class act my friend, stay safe.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

If I may interject:

I had a small contribution to this kit, some photo's and measurements. Getting covered in dust and fighting spiders.

I was quite stoked when I saw the screen shots with my name on the instructions, bragging rights and all.

Last week I got an email from a well known hobby shop who are sending me a couple of kits on behalf of Eugen. I hadn't expected anything so I

thought I'd order one somewhere down the track when the bad guys bog off home.

Now this guys got his butt in harms way and he's taking time out to look after me. I don't have words.

Your a class act my friend, stay safe.

Eugen is indeed a class act. When they were still developing the Vengeance, I was building a kitbash of the AZModel kit and I had some good pics of the Vengeance and a pdf book too,which I sent him when he asked for help here, and he was so kind to thank me by sending me a P-43 Lancer kit. I too hope they all stay safe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:38 AM, NAVY870 said:

From the documentaries on TV every critter in Australia is out to kill you in unusual and interesting ways. I admire your contribution too.

IIRC Eugen is actually in the Ukrainian Army so rather busy at the moment. My Miles Master kit recently arrived and is another wonderful replica. Dora are hitting my buttons with precision at the moment. Long may they, and Ukraine prosper!

• Like 3