Spitfire 19 Squadron 70th Anniversary...

I realized that I still have a fair amount of building left...landing gear, wheels, air brake...The decals are all on and I will let them dry.  I'll varnish it tonight.  This'll be the cleanest model I have built.  Not even jet exhaust or biscuit crumbs in the cockpit!

50702889842_01ac7bea23_c_d.jpg

Looking very nice, I must admit.

--John

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Looking good John, really enjoying this.

Thanks Steve.  Me too. I enjoy the livery a great deal.  I have a Spitfire Mk. Ib and the appropriate decals somewhere on the bench too...😉

• Like 1

And then tragedy struck...I went to build the landing gear and discovered that I have lost accidentally thrown away misplaced one of the legs.  S$%#@*(&*^^*U!!!!

I will have to replace them with the Italeri as I do not want to have this aircraft flying, gear up.  If this disqualifies me, I cannot argue.  I will persevere.

They look pretty good though.  

50705930752_5cca530b43_c_d.jpg

--John

• Sad 1

Ok.  The "aftermarket" Italeri landing gear legs went on with very little fuss or bother.  I have saved the remains of the Revell kit and added it to the Italeri box.  If, by some strange chance, the other leg reappears, then I shall add that to the box as well.  Damn.

50706610677_a278e09457_c_d.jpg]

There aren't any more pieces left to put on the kit (I added the nose light and the radio mast) so I will wait a bit then give it some varnish.  By tomorrow, when the light is better, I'll get some pictures done and post in the gallery.  

--John

• Like 3

This was a thoroughly enjoyable kit to build and I am grateful to have been included in this GB even though I lost a bit here and there and had to improvise--landing gear!

I have the Airfix Hawk and look forward to building this kit as well.  I wonder how it will compare...

Until then, here's a picture.  The rest are in the gallery.  Btw...I plan on building one of the Spitfires from 19 Squadron (when my decals arrive) for the Interceptor GB, so stay tuned!

50708576713_498a574046_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 2