Hannants will you please consider re releasing their RAF Hercules stencil and national marking sheet X030-72 , as these are wrong for the new Zvesda kit?

tonyot

Hello,

As the title says,..... I do hope that Hannants will please consider re releasing their RAF Hercules stencil and national marking sheet X030-72  for a grey and green Herk? The walk way lines in the new Zvesda kit are wrong and are just yellow lines,.... rather than yellow with red hatchings. They had a sheet for the 25th Anniversary RAF Hercules which included a sheet of stencils and national markings,..... that would be brilliant for the new kit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/xtradecal-x030-72-hercules-wing-walks--148965

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/xtradecal-x028-72-hercules-25th-anniversary-phantom-1992-display-aircraft--971966

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/xtradecal-72-x028-72-raf-hercules-616930369

Cheers

Tony O`Toole 

Edited by tonyot

2 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

@tonyot they also had a sheet with those lines sold seperately for two aircraft.... 72-030

cheers, Jan

Thanks Jan,..... yep those are the ones,....... they would sell like hot cakes! 

• Thanks 1

• tonyot changed the title to Hannants will you please consider re releasing their RAF Hercules stencil and national marking sheet X030-72 , as these are wrong for the new Zvesda kit?

@tonyot, while it is not my thing, by the time I get to C-130s I'm definitely into 1/144 territory, if you haven't already, contact Hannants directly, via their email. As I'm hearing from other threads on here, the big H does not maintain a presence on  BM & so the thrust of your thread is likely to fall on deaf ears.

Steve.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

@tonyot, while it is not my thing, by the time I get to C-130s I'm definitely into 1/144 territory, if you haven't already, contact Hannants directly, via their email. As I'm hearing from other threads on here, the big H does not maintain a presence on  BM & so the thrust of your thread is likely to fall on deaf ears.

Steve.

Thanks Steve,..... the only e mail I could find was the London shop,.... so I did e mail them and ask if they could forward it on. It was just an attempt at getting the info out there in case anybody else is in contact with them really. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tonyot said:

Thanks Steve,..... the only e mail I could find was the London shop,.... so I did e mail them and ask if they could forward it on. It was just an attempt at getting the info out there in case anybody else is in contact with them really. 

I've had a quick response in the past from [email protected] 

• Like 2

Same here, i had a reply within a few hours after asking about 1/48 Tornado decals. Sadly the answer was no due to the need to produce a large run of sets to make it profitable. Good luck

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 01:37, tonyot said:

Hello,

As the title says,..... I do hope that Hannants will please consider re releasing their RAF Hercules stencil and national marking sheet X030-72  for a grey and green Herk? The walk way lines in the new Zvesda kit are wrong and are just yellow lines,.... rather than yellow with red hatchings. They had a sheet for the 25th Anniversary RAF Hercules which included a sheet of stencils and national markings,..... that would be brilliant for the new kit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/xtradecal-x028-72-hercules-25th-anniversary-phantom-1992-display-aircraft--971966

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/xtradecal-72-x028-72-raf-hercules-616930369

Cheers

Tony O`Toole 

Hi Tony,

Forgive me for asking, but are you looking for a set of Decals for a C-130 Hercules, it's just that I've got a complete set of decals that are split between the RAF and the US Marines, it's quite a big sheet, but if you want them, you're more than welcome

Papa4ways

Fred

31 minutes ago, Papa4ways said:

Hi Tony,

Forgive me for asking, but are you looking for a set of Decals for a C-130 Hercules, it's just that I've got a complete set of decals that are split between the RAF and the US Marines, it's quite a big sheet, but if you want them, you're more than welcome

Papa4ways

Fred

Hiya Fred,..... I wasn`t particularly asking for decals from anybody,..... more requesting that Hannants re release their old sheet because it is needed for anybody who wants to build a correct RAF Hercules in the grey and green scheme. 

Thanks for the offer though mate,..... and if you don`t want then I can always put them to good use as I`ll be building a few RAF Herk`s.

On 11/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, Scarlet said:

I've had a quick response in the past from [email protected] 

Thanks mate,..... I`ll give them a try as I`ve had no response from the London Shop re forwarding my message on. 

On 11/6/2020 at 5:51 PM, MT1 said:

Same here, i had a reply within a few hours after asking about 1/48 Tornado decals. Sadly the answer was no due to the need to produce a large run of sets to make it profitable. Good luck

Thanks mate. 

Cheers Fella`s,

Tony

Hi Tony,

II was given them by a mate who for some reason, thought I was building a C-130,, and I must apologise, but I've only just noticed that they are actually the Italeri No,274/6 C-130J-CS set, but if you still want them, you can have them, I'll PM you with my address, it would need to be a large envelope, even if I cut them down through the seperation line, it's still a big sheet

While I'm at it, if anyone is interested, I've got a set of Agusta/Westland Merlin Decals in 1/48 Scale, plus 2 sets of EE Canberra, both in 1/48 scale and a set of US Phantom II Wild Weasel Decals, again in 1/48 scale.

I've got some other decals as well that might be of use to someone, just thought I'd mention it 

Tony,

A question about those walkway lines, if I may.  When you say yellow with red cross hatchings, were they yellow/red all the way along or mostly yellow with selected sections in red/yellow crosshatch?  I ask because if the latter, I am wondering how difficult it might be to hand paint in the red - not for this build since I am planning the colourful Japanese scheme just now, but for future.

I saw lots of grey-green Hercules way back when but never close enough with steep banking to see the walkways details !  Hmm; what were the walkway markings on the early two tone brown and black scheme ?

John B

30 minutes ago, John B (Sc) said:

Hmm; what were the walkway markings on the early two tone brown and black scheme ?

See portion in bold from an earlier thread:

Not sure anyone has answered this bit.  Airfix Magazine for Nov 1967 has (p.88) thorough details and drawings by MJF Bowyer (text) and AM Alderson, of the paint scheme as applied to the first Hercules to reach the RAF, drawn up with the cooperation of RAF Air Support Command and Marshalls and based on study of XV191 of 36 Sq in August 1967.  (The first RAF aircraft reached Cambridge on 19 Dec 1966 in natural finish but wearing RAF roundels and fin flash.  This aircraft (XV177) flew in camouflage for the first time on the morning of 18 Feb 1967.)  

The underwing serials are in characters 36" high, 22.5" wide and 4.5" stroke with 3" spacing and are Light Grey (unfortunately not further specified).  I'd be inclined to go for Light Aircraft Grey as a colour in widespread use at the time.  The underwing roundel (starboard only) is blue/red, 54/27" diameter

I'm sure you already know that the Stone is Light Stone, not WW2 Mid Stone.  Note that the pattern is identical on all 4 engine nacelles and also on both droptanks.  Upper surface colours wrap 6" round the leading edges of main- and tailplanes.  The upper/lower demarcation line on fuselage, nacelles and tanks is at the 60 degree tangent.

There's loads of other stuff on sizes, colours and proportions of markings which I'm too lazy to type out: drop me a PM if interested further.

The info and drawings were repeated in the Feb 1970 issue where it was pointed out that, in one of the first modifications made to the aircraft, a plain hatch had been substituted for the astrodome and also that in the closing weeks of 1969 aircraft acquired white "last 3s" on either side of the nose and above the fin flash.  

No info whatsoever given on interior colours or undercarriage and no info on props beyond that they had 6" tips in Golden Yellow (as opposed to the walkway markings (0.75" dots on approx 24" pitch) which were in Canary Yellow).

Amazing how much hard fact there is densely crammed into just a couple of pages of these old Airfix Magazines, as opposed to current opinion- and photo-heavy and content-light publications.  And good grief, have I magazines that are 50 years old!!!

• Like 1

Than you Seahawk.  I just might have that magazine too ! - shall look through my 'archives'. Failing that I may PM you.

I had forgotten about the painting by Marshalls of Cambridge. I do recall seeing some photos of new machines arriving- all black and white shots I think.  Must check back old Air Pictorials and Flight magazines!   A fresh from factory delivery Hercules might be a fun and different display item !