BREGUET BR.1150 ATLANTIC

Great stuff, the kit looks wonderful and the diorama setup looks just right, very well done. I've always fancied doing an Atlantic, it'll sit nicely next to my Nimrod and CP140 .... when I get round to building them of course!

Bob

On 11/2/2020 at 7:47 PM, moaning dolphin said:

Great stuff, the kit looks wonderful and the diorama setup looks just right, very well done. I've always fancied doing an Atlantic, it'll sit nicely next to my Nimrod and CP140 .... when I get round to building them of course!

Bob

Hello Dolphin,

Thanks for responding to my article. Much appreciated.

I had the same problem. The very intimidating boxart was looking at me from the shelf since 2011. But after reading some interesting articles regarding this aircraft, I grabbed the box and started with the cockpit. I have seen it in actual service by the Netherlands Navy Air Arm. For some updates on my model, I visited the Armed Forces Air Force Museum in Soesterberg. Armed with my camera, I made some pictures. Regretfully I was not allowed inside the airframe. The parked aircraft, has been handed over (Free of cost) by the German Federal Navy. Standing next to it, you realize how hughe the aircraft actually is.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 11:27 AM, Mig88 said:

Very nice job and presentation of a type we raely see modelled.

Miguel

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for your kind response. Indeed, I know some modelers who started with the kit, but never finished it.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 4:36 AM, Harry Callahan said:

Great looking Atlantic, also your diorama with all the equipment looks fantastic. 

In 2005 i have built a Atlantic for the father of my friend. I would like to have my own Atlantic but its hard to get at ebay 

Hello Callahan,

Thanks for your response. You did already on e model. I find it very hard, to build a model more than ones. I like to get on with the next one.

On 10/31/2020 at 11:01 PM, Sky Keg said:

Well researched and presented.  An overall excellent representation of the Atlantic!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike

Thanks Mike. Your respnse is very much appreciated.

• Thanks 2

On 10/31/2020 at 11:39 PM, SAT69 said:

That has to be one of the most beautiful airplanes and diorama I've seen in a long time. Extraordinary work and a pleasure to view.

Hello SAT69,

Thanks for your very kind response. Much appreciated. These kind of reactions are a boost to get on with the next one. (Martin Mariner diorama Royal Netherlands Navy)

On 11/1/2020 at 8:46 PM, Buzby061 said:

Excellent build & a great dio. Full marks for tackling such an ambitious scheme. I don't remember seeing an Atlantique modelled before, all the more welcome for that.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your kind response. Indeed, I have not seen this model on any model contest show. Yes, one time, the model from the Revell Germany Roadshow. Constructed by a modeller from the company.

• Like 1

Would like to thank all fellow modelers that reacted on my lates contribution to Britmodeler.

All regards fromThe Netherlands and stay safe.

Highest Regards,

Orion.

• 1 year later...

Just saw this build and it looks good. Well done with the build. I just replied to a seller to buy his unbuild box of this Atlantique with the first release paint scheme. 
Hopefully I can finish build this when I got it. I have an unfinished AC130 because I have no space for a one meter wing span C130. My one meter long 1/35 Schnellboot is still in the box for the same reason. 

Firstly this is a masterpiece of modelling, I love what you've done with both the model and the diorama. Secondly the thought put into creating this post is greatly appreciated, I knew little about this aircraft so it was an interesting read.

All the best,

Mark