BREGUET BR.1150 ATLANTIC

Very nice indeed and interesting too.

I built a pre production kit as an Italian aircraft but want to make a Dutch one too,

Cheers

Tony

Hello Sky and Tonyot,

Thanks for your kind reply. Tonyot succes with your Italian Atlantic. Be aware, alot of weight to prevent a tailsitter.

Regards,

Orion.

That has to be one of the most beautiful airplanes and diorama I've seen in a long time. Extraordinary work and a pleasure to view.

• Like 1

Great looking Atlantic, also your diorama with all the equipment looks fantastic. 

In 2005 i have built a Atlantic for the father of my friend. I would like to have my own Atlantic but its hard to get at ebay 

4 hours ago, daneel said:

Wonderful diorama, and a beautiful Atlantic! Really great job. Love the Atlantic, wish revell would reissue that model.

What grey did you use for the top? I think it's perfect!

Hello Daneel,

Thanks for your kind words.

The grey is straight from the jar. XtraColor enamel.   X003 / BS637 / RAF Medium Sea Grey. Only mixing with white spirit for the airbrush.

Regards, Orion.

1 hour ago, Mig88 said:

Very nice job and presentation of a type we raely see modelled.

Miguel

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for your kind words. Indeed, rarely seen in a finished state. I bought a special plastic container that was high and long enough. For storage, transportation but above all fighting the dust collection on plastic.

Regards, Orion.

3 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Great job on the Atlantique and the diorama Dirk, I have had the same kit in the stash since it was released, I look forward to the build and will heed your warning about the nose weight.

:thumbsup:

Hello Ray,

It took me a while to start with the model also. It is the size that put me off a few times. But after starting it was straight forward. Already lots of success with the future construction.

Regards, Orion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Excellent model, and very well presented.

Encouraging to hear that it builds like a dream - 'cos I've got the 2003 kit in my stash.

hello plasticsurgean,

Thanks for the positive response. I think mine example with the German flag was released a few years later. But nevertheless was also for years in "long storage".

Regards, Orion

• Thanks 1

This is really a sterling project – the research, the background history, the model itself and the diorama. The icing on the cake, in my view, is the crew posing for a photo – it breathes life into the splendid display och machinery.

Very impressed by your skills and dedication, Orion!

Kind regards,

Joachim

I absolutely love everything about this. The figure, the support vehicles, the bright colors on the airplane. This is like an aircraft modeling version of a train layout. It reminds me of the little dioramas at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.