Hasegawa 1/48 Lockheed (General Dynamics) F-16A Fighting Falcon

Hello all,

My eighth completion of the year is the venerable Hasegawa 1/48 F-16A. I believe this tooling originates from 1983, which makes it kind of sad that IMO this is still the best kit of the F-16A available in 2020! Aftermarket is limited to a Quickboost seat and Eduard main wheels. The nose pitot is scratchbuilt. Paint is MRP and Hataka lacquer and the flat finish is Mr Color GX113 thinned with Mr Rapid Thinner, which has resulted in a grittier finish than when I use Mr Leveling Thinner. The decals are from the Kinetic F-16A/B kit and are not quite accurate in detail.

Thanks for looking and a more thorough build review is at https://jonbryon.com/hasegawa-1-48-lockheed-general-dynamics-f-16a-fighting-falcon/.

Comments welcome.

Jon

f16a_20.jpg

f16a_19.jpg

f16a_18.jpg

f16a_17.jpg

f16a_15.jpg

f16a_14.jpg

f16a_08.jpg

f16a_44.jpg

f16a_43.jpg

f16a_40.jpg

f16a_41.jpg

f16a_39.jpg

f16a_36.jpg

f16a_31.jpg

f16a_28.jpg

f16a_26.jpg

Edited by Jon Bryon
  • Like 47

While I'm not crazy about the US Navy Aggressor colors, your model is excellent and your paint work and decal application are superb.

• Like 1

Fantastic build Jon, I love the crisp finish with subtle weathering and the colour selection is just spot on. I'm pondering about getting the Kinetic kit also for the decals to do one of the blue F-16As, the Fightertown and Two Bobs sheets seem impossible to find!

David 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mirageiv said:

Fantastic build Jon, I love the crisp finish with subtle weathering and the colour selection is just spot on. I'm pondering about getting the Kinetic kit also for the decals to do one of the blue F-16As, the Fightertown and Two Bobs sheets seem impossible to find!

David 

The Kinetic kit box is a bit misleading. You get three schemes: a brown single-seater, a blue single-seater and a blue two-seater. The decals are designed by Fightertown and as I made comment in my article, are not quite right for the model I made. Kinetic also got the actual camouflage scheme wrong in the instructions. Fortunately, you can find the Fightertown instructions online if you look. Another option is the Eduard kit (if you can get hold of it) but I have some accuracy concerns in relation to the markings there, too.

Thanks

Jon

• Like 1