Sean Connery has died

RIP Sir Sean. You will be seeing some old acquaintances tonight. Remember going to school with my Mum and delivering milk to my grandparents 

Thanks for the movies and the good times and great lines. Sleep well

Oh no!

Very sad news. He played so many outstanding roles.

Even still, he is the ultimate James Bond. I always thought he best matched Ian Fleming's character.

• Like 2

My favourite scene from one of my favourite Connery films.

And another favourite of mine...

RIP Sir Sean.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've got to say that for me, his best role in a film was Indiana Jones' father.

Every scene he is in during Indiana Jones and the last crusade is an absolute joy to watch, I hope he had as much fun making them as I have watching them.

He was pretty good in the Bond films and Highlander, and the one with Catherine Zeta Jones, the Anderson Tapes, and oh, so many great films, many of them referred to here.

I look forwad to his films that will be shown on tv over the next couple of week,

"This is intolerable"...

They won't make'em like that any more...

RIP Sir Sean.

"Do you expect me talk? No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die." As long as there are movies to watch and people to watch them, then Connery's legacy will live on...

best,

M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my favourites is an oldie called "The Hill" (1965) not a box office success, and apparently only got backing because of Connery's fame as Bond. This perhaps more a psychological drama than an action film, but shows that Connery really could act - interesting to wonder how his career would have developed had the Bond films not been such a huge success.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 5
11 hours ago, ckw said:

interesting to wonder how his career would have developed had the Bond films not been such a huge success.

Was watching a biography last night which mused on whether the Bond movies would have developed into the moneyspinner they became without his charisma to kickstart them.

• Like 3

RIP

As a small tribute we had a Sean Connery marathon yesterday and watched The Hunt For Red October, Untouchables, and Highlander (The Rock would have been in that list too if we hadn't already watched it a few months ago) , all films which would have been greatly diminished with another actor in the role.

One of his less well known films I really liked was The First Great Train Robbery with Donald Sutherland.

• Like 2

Along similar lines to The Hill, one of his lesser known films is The Offence. It is not easy viewing by any means but it certainly stays with you.

One of my favourite actors. R.I.P.

Most, if not all of his films are on my favourites list.* 

Would the Bond franchise have grown without him? He gave it a damned good headstart, it wobbled when he left but eventually recovered.

He will always be the best Bond for me. Along with the John Barry musical themes. Sadly missed.

*Zardoz. What were they smoking?

• Like 1

Another great actor who will be missed. I'd forgotten about "The Hill"; it is a good drama. "The Last Crusade" was a different movie for him; but, it shows how good an actor he was. RIP, Sir Sean.