Photos won't open up.

Tried this morning, for the first time since the upgrade, to upload photos to an RFI thread, but all I'm getting is a link. I've never had this before. Also, I tried to add a link to the WIP and all I got was ....a link.

The photos are hosted on Village Photos, and I've never had any problems before. Anyone else experiencing this?

John.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had problems with my usual Flickr 'copying link and pasting' in a new GB thread, they won't load up, even on threads that are up and running using photos I've already uploaded. Strange?

Davey.

I know I've been having an issue posting Flickr images on another forum that I visit occasionally. But as it's one of those TapaCrap based forums, it doesn't really surprise me.

Chris

31 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

I know I've been having an issue posting Flickr images on another forum that I visit occasionally. But as it's one of those TapaCrap based forums, it doesn't really surprise me.

Chris

I've now managed to copy and paste the Flickr photo links into my GB thread via my rubbish Fire 10 and it's worked fine.

I still can't do the same on my laptop (Windows 10) which has worked for me ever since I went to Flickr after the photobucket(?) (whatever it was!) carry on!

Davey.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

I still can't do the same on my laptop (Windows 10) which has worked for me ever since I went to Flickr after the photobucket(?) (whatever it was!) carry on!

Davey.

Me also, trying up upload pics from flickr and the link doesn't embed. Never had issues before?

Edited by GRK

DSCN6572

This is a test from Flikr. I used the 'Share' option, and then when I got to the 'Share 1 photo to:' box, I used the 'share' rather than 'embed', 'e-mail' or 'bb code'.

If the image is here, it worked!

Hope this helps,

Ray

• Like 1

Gidday, I use Flikr but I have to use it slightly differently for The Airfix Tribute Forum (ATF) and for here. When I wish to include a photo in a post I select the photo, click on a curvy arrow bottom right screen. For the ATF I copy from a URL (?) in a window in the centre of my screen, but for here I have to copy from an address line (my wording) at the second top line of my screen. Then to the post and 'paste'. That seems to work fine for me. HTH. Sorry about the non-technical wording and jargon, technology isn't my thing. Regards, Jeff.

2 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, I use Flikr but I have to use it slightly differently for The Airfix Tribute Forum (ATF) and for here. When I wish to include a photo in a post I select the photo, click on a curvy arrow bottom right screen. For the ATF I copy from a URL (?) in a window in the centre of my screen, but for here I have to copy from an address line (my wording) at the second top line of my screen. Then to the post and 'paste'. That seems to work fine for me. HTH. Sorry about the non-technical wording and jargon, technology isn't my thing. Regards, Jeff.

I just posted a picture using the 'share' option and it worked, wonder why it stopped doing the 'copy and paste' I used to use in my Flickr photostream, it worked a few days ago!

Davey.

Gidday, I've posted this as a trial, and it looks like copy and paste still works for me here.

HMS Campbeltown 1942 jm16

It looks like there are several ways of attaching photos, and I guess we each do what works for us individually. With my extremely limited knowledge and understanding of modern computer and on-line methods (I'm a neanderthal) if I have a procedure that works for me I stick with that. I mean no criticism or disrespect to those that do things differently. HTH. Regards to all, and stay safe, Jeff. 

• Like 2

Are you guys using a PC or a hand-held device? 

Using my PC to post Flickr, it's click the bent arrow, then using the BBCode option on the white box that appears, I right-click on the coding in that bar, click COPY, then paste it into the topic/reply box.

50579854413_6493ccdf2d_c.jpg

Works slicker than snot on a doorknob!

Chris