1/72 MIG-17 Regia Aeronautica

Hi All!

ZVEZDA (ex-Dragon) MIG in 1/72

My psychiatrist took a drink and left me alone. So I was able to do what I want for a while.

Here is the result.  Painted Gunze.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Enjoy watching!

• Like 31
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, djos said:

10+ for the idea.

Beside that you done great job on the modeling side, very nice camouflage and overall look

Regards Djordje

I agree!

• Thanks 1

Great job on this -17!  To think of all the things that would have had to change, history-wise, to effect this outcome!  Italian neutrality in WWII?  Il Duce's political survival?  Post-war cozy relations with the USSR?  Just amazing.  The world turned upside-down.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

To think of all the things that would have had to change, history-wise, to effect this outcome!

Great job - crazy but I like it.

The Allied advance is halted in Sicily. The Second Front is not established until late 1945 or 46. The Russians advance into Europe. Mussolini makes a separate peace with Russia and declares war on Germany. The post-war iron Curtain is from Monaco to Bremen. The Regia Aeronautica gets MiG-17s. Yeah crazy!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

The post-war iron Curtain is from Monaco to Bremen

Again, this is a great model--so beautifully rendered.

As to the above, why not?  By the end of 1945 Soviet forces could easily make a persuasive firepower demonstration at the "Ljublijana gap" and encourage the switchover, just as they did in Bulgaria and Romania. The Northern Adriatic is absolutely beautiful, and the Communist Nomenklatura needed better vacation spots than just the Black Sea!   With just a little switching over, Fascists could make excellent Stalinist material, too.  After all, many Fascists were themselves ex-Communists.  Black to red: no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dmitry... you really need to ditch the psychiatrist.  There isn't anything wrong with you if you can turn out this level of modelling; smart idea, clean build and superb paintwork on that wonderful colour scheme.

Very well done... 😉

Regards,

Paul

• Thanks 1