Fujimi Porsche 917K 1/24

This build was not perfect as I decided to paint the livery, rather than using the decals. I also had some fitting issues with it. But I'm definitely satisfied with the build, especially seeing the classic Gulf Blue on it.

Fujimi Porsche 917K 1/24 Scale

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 29

Thanks for the kind words everyone! When I finished this build and tried reading up more on the 917, I was surprised to find out this year marks 50 years since Porsche first won its Le Mans race with this car. Cool coincidence I thought. 😉

On 11/1/2020 at 11:52 PM, Schwarz-Brot said:

What did you polish the clear parts with?

For the windows and wind shield, I just polished it with Tamiya compounds. Wasn't really satisfied with the finish since I could see some scratches. So for the headlights, I dipped the clear with Pledge Wipe&Shine (since we dont have Future in our country). Not sure if the application was correct since the PLedge we have is not a clear liquid; kinda like soap water. But I was satisfied with the result. 

16 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

Excellent build, looks fantastic!! Which brand of paints did you use for the Gulf Blue and orange?

Thank you! I used Zero Paints for the Gulf Blue and Mr Color 59 for the Orange (Tamiya LP 5 for the Black stroke on the orange livery). I then used Tamiya LP9 for the Clear Coat.  

• Like 5