49 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

Willkommen zurück!

Awesome job on the belly 👍

Alex

thx alex! it was quite some work :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Milczacy said:

Perfect job - and the riveting is amazing 👏

thx piotr! it was the first time for me and i also had to practice a lot...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, the Etihad 320 is finished and i missed out quite a few bits but still i wanted to give a few more impressions of the last stages of this build.

The installation of flaps and slats really is something i dont wanna do again. The alignment was so hard and i think i could have done better on the slats.

I installed and finished the Landing gear, added hydraulic lines, Taxi/turnoff lights on the NLG.

Things i did from scratch:

All antennas, AoA probes, Beacon Lights and static dischargers...also the Pylon seals, where normally you would find a gap 😕 

PE was not really helpful here, parts are incorrect in many ways. Model still was a bit dusty on the pics, i left it for too long without doing something haha

So thats it, i wont document the same steps on the holiday 320, but both will get seperate topics in the "ready for inspection" section here soon.

Hope some of you enjoyed the pictures ...next WIP will come.

IMG_3386 IMG_3387 809CC9DA-AE6C-4C22-B037-31FEB0396F64 5C03FCCE-0DD4-4ACD-8AB1-F485A90A7ADA 887B475F-034B-4068-8A70-C6F6B0DD8217 IMG_3490 IMG_3491 IMG_3493

• Like 6

Hi, just found your build. Being ex military, I'm not usually drawn to airliner builds but this one caught my eye. I do like the Etihad scheme, very striking. I like your approach to building and detailing. The window blinds are a great addition.

Colin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (ex)Sgtrafman said:

Hiya

I’m not an airliner fan by any means but I have to say I think you’ve done a cracking job. Well done sir ! 

cheers

Iain

thx Iain. i will try to present it in the finished model section with a bit more glamour :)

1 hour ago, coneheadff said:

Fantastic job!!!!

You just could have add some hydraulic streaks underneath the belly 😁

thought the same, problem is, those etihad bombers are clean all over the place!!! its really hard to find dirt on it... i checked so many pics from the belly, but almost no hydraulic streaks 🤷‍♂️😕

31 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Hi, just found your build. Being ex military, I'm not usually drawn to airliner builds but this one caught my eye. I do like the Etihad scheme, very striking. I like your approach to building and detailing. The window blinds are a great addition.

Colin

thx for your kind words colin, i know what you mean. Its the same with me vice versa.. but sometimes i really like the crafting, even it is a ship. i still think there are quite a few things i can improve, there is always a learning curve :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

just a couple of pics i made a few weeks ago, nothing special, but it gives a bit of an impression. I am building a diorama platform for it, then i would present it in another thread.

037BEAD2-B92D-4C08-8A9F-28AF37235908 IMG_3518 IMG_3521 IMG_3517

• Like 3