1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard Mk.1/J10 by Dora Wings - released

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - 3D renders+sprues+schemes - release in 2022
50 minutes ago, flarpen said:

Very nice

I did not expect to see Swedish markings since that is pure whif's.

Although it briefly had Swedish crowns applied it never got delivered to Sweden.

Yes I'm surprise there's did two with Swedish markings, I thought one might be in Chinese colours.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - 3D renders+sprues+schemes+test build - release in 2022
On 8/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, Ad-4N said:

I know zero about this bird, but it looks like it was designed as an early version of the Corsair.  

You are probably right, I believe it evolved into the Corsair via some further prototypes

The P-66 was attempted sold to European and other nations desperate for fighter planes in the beginning of WW2.

Norway was one of the countries and I have a sales prospect from their representative as well as some reasonably detailed plans for license production by Hønningstad in my collection.

The Norwegian Army Air Arm pilots liked the aircraft, but Curtiss P-36 was chosen instead because it was already in series production and earlier delivery was possible.

So if you are into "What ifing", most countries that operated P-36 could have had the P-66 instead.

Vultee Aircraft did not have the production capacity to deliver as many aircraft in a short period of time in 1939-41 as Curtiss 

On 8/24/2022 at 6:15 PM, LN-KEH said:

So if you are into "What ifing", most countries that operated P-36 could have had the P-66 instead.

Vultee Aircraft did not have the production capacity to deliver as many aircraft in a short period of time in 1939-41 as Curtiss 

I do like a good WIF.  I was thinking making one look like an early, heavily weathered USMC bird during Guadalcanal.  

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - 3D renders+sprues+schemes+test build+box art - release in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - 3D renders+sprues+schemes+test build+box art - release in 2023
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - released
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard Mk.1/J10 by Dora Wings - released
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...