1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard Mk.1/J10 by Dora Wings - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - 3D renders

I have a Karo vacform of this aircraft and when i took a look at the box this summer I already had the thought that Dora would bring this one In the near future.....

Lovely subject Dora keep those rare things coming 👍👍👍

cheers, Jan

• Thanks 1

Have to dig out the sales prospect from when Vought attempted to sell these aircraft to Norway in 39/40.

The Army Air Arm liked it and their agent in Norway began to prepare for license production.

Unfortunately, first deliveries were not possible until late 40, so the deal we to Curtis that could deliver half a year earlier.

I have the Air Collection injected kit and the vac form Karo kit as I had the thought of using the resin details from the latter in the former. Even looking in the box though it's a project I have put off many times!  Would be nice to get a nice detailed injected kit of this aircraft.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - 3D renders - release in 2021
22 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Dora Wings and their subject choice is making me bankrupt. Every single release of them is a hit in my wallet :lol:

Cheers

Markus

Ditto for me as well.

If I understand the CAD pictures correct it looks like that the longer rear part of the canopy will be included as an option as well?

Oh, And if one would like, one can mark it with Swedish crowns with out it being a WHIF. (with the longer canopy)

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Vultee P-66 Vanguard by Dora Wings - 3D renders - release in 2022
  • 2 weeks later...