Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I really enjoyed season 1 of this, about to kick off season 2 with a big plate of fish and chips 😋🍽️

 

For those not familiar it's a kind of space western set in the Star Wars universe, I highly recommend a month's worth of Disney Plus just to binge it 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have any obligation to continue paying the monthly-subscription fee, after your free trial month has expired? I would imagine you can binge-watch a lot of good stuff in one month.....

 

Chris. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alan P said:

I really enjoyed season 1 of this, about to kick off season 2 with a big plate of fish and chips 😋🍽️

 

For those not familiar it's a kind of space western set in the Star Wars universe, I highly recommend a month's worth of Disney Plus just to binge it 😉

I'll wait until the seasons festivities have passed and wait for the new year to come before I binge on seasons one and two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Do you have any obligation to continue paying the monthly-subscription fee, after your free trial month has expired? I would imagine you can binge-watch a lot of good stuff in one month.....

 

Chris. 

I originally signed up for a month during the spring lockdown and we ended up keeping it going, there's no minimum term though. 

4 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

I'll wait until the seasons festivities have passed and wait for the new year to come before I binge on seasons one and two.

No spoilers from me then! 😊

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply, Alan P.  I could see me signing up for at least a month, pretty darned soon. 

 

Chris. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s only being released an episode per week so you may need to wait a while before signing up for your binge!

Link to post
Share on other sites

O8 OK in 9Watched both episodes with my son (who has access to Disney via his sister). He is a real Star Wars nerd and has been since watching Episode One when he was about five when the film came out and gets all the stuff that I don't know about. In the Mandalorian you get to see all the proper Star Wars stuff and aliens (no JarJar Binks so a plus). It puts me in mind of Clint Eastwood in a Fistful of Dollars

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to like The Mandolorian, but I can't get past the cutsey kidsy Disney Baby Yoda, it's almost as bad a Jar Jar Binks.  It was all looking great until they introduced that in the first episode.

 

And now, Boba Fett has miraculously come back from the Sarlacc Pit!?!  Say whaaat!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm really enjoying this, its very atmospheric, authentic well told. Apart from the weekly side quests its a decent show made by people who appreciate the source material, run with it but make something new and original. In many shots its visually stunning and these only enhance  the story rather than spending too much time on them, a little goes along way. 

Its been described as western in space but its so much more. Think  Firefly (which i love ) but more familiar, bigger budget and considerably cooler. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/6/2020 at 8:08 PM, RobL said:

I want to like The Mandolorian, but I can't get past the cutsey kidsy Disney Baby Yoda, it's almost as bad a Jar Jar Binks.  It was all looking great until they introduced that in the first episode.

 

And now, Boba Fett has miraculously come back from the Sarlacc Pit!?!  Say whaaat!

He does according to my son who is very well up on all things Star Wars. In the story arcs that the series follows Bobba Fett does get out of the Sarlacc pit and reappears in several of the novels. It is referenced in one of the Robot Chicken Star Wars special. The Mandalorian apparently appeals to a lot of hard core Star Wars fans because it uses a lot of background from the other animated series, novels and comics. The baby Yoda, although cute is actually central to the story for a couple of reasons. He is not at all like JarJar Binks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I am not over impressed with this series.

Plodding, dull, over rated and full of dumb clichés like "This is the way".

Found it a real struggle to sit through the first season.

I think the best character was the IG-88 assassin - cum nurse droid!.

The poor, hapless, Stormtroopers are no longer funny either.

I think the one bright spot is Giancarlo Esposito who,as Moff Gideon is shaping up nicely as a delightfully  nasty piece of work.

Oh yes, nearly forgot. Rather liked that homicidal Twi'lek female in Season 1( 6).😉😂

I know its billed as a " space western" but, I was never fond of westerns anyway so, maybe I'm inclined to be prejudiced here!

I believe Disney is planning a live action series centred on the character of Grand Admiral Thrawn!

Be interesting to see who would play the leading role of such an intimidating and, slightly frightening character

John.

Edited by Beermonster1958
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

We might need a bit more information, Mick. 

 

Chris. 

No spoilers please as I have not seen the series yet !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...