Roman Centurion (1 Century) - ICM 1:16

Viking

Roman Centurion (1 Century)

ICM 1:16

c1%20(2).jpg

I'm not really a figure modeller but do like to dabble in different modelling genres as it often forces you to learn different techniques. I was offered  this kit to review back in March, just before the lockdown hit. I liked it so much that got straight on with building it, albeit slowly as my bench is always too full of ongoing projects. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will definitely do more in the future.

c2%20(2).jpg

c4%20(2).jpg

c5%20(2).jpg

c7%20(2).jpg

And just to give some idea of the size:

c8%20(2).jpg

One problem was the lack of a decal for the complex shield design. I tried making some 'wings' from yellow decal sheet but they ended up looking like bunches of bananas. I decided to go for a simple lightning bolt design and cut a template out of plasticard to use as a guide to cut around. 

c9.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 14

I was wondering John when you going to get round to this one, mate.

Superb - I would never believe you were not a figure painter as this so good ...........

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice work, John. I am currently building this figure. The quality of the moulding is first rate but I have been less impressed with the fit. Nothing of course that some filler won't sort out. I agree that it would have been good if ICM could have produced a decal for the shield. Your workaround is a good solution.

Regards

Richard C

• Like 1