Am I being Phished by a false britmodeller email?

I have received 2 emails purporting to be from britmodeller that there have been 3 failed login attempts from Denver usa. There is link to reset the password and of course it asks to put in your current password.  It is very "phishy" to me! Or is this legit?

• Sad 1

I've just checked the logs and you have indeed had thee unsuccessful logins.  If that wasn't you, go to the login page and there's a Recover Password option and change it to somethingh fiendishly complicated.  I've double-checked that your email hasn't been changed, so you should be ok :yes:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wallyinoz said:

Thanks mike well as they were unsuccessful I guess there is no need to change the password...l would like to talk to that US chap!

Yes.  As in "interrogate with baseball bat"? Sadly, there are :poop:🧔 everywhere, and although the IP was US based, it could have been some poor innocent's zombie computer being controlled from somewhere else.  What they thought they'd gain from it, I have no idea though :shrug:

As a precaution however, run a manual scan of your anti virus software, just in case :yes: