1/350 IJN Mikasa.

Hello my Friends.
This is from last year

Hasagawa,Lion Roar and Shipyard Models.
This was a fantastic kit to build and was a joy from start to finish.
Two days after I started this I was feeling quite unwell and to try and take my mind from it I tried to work on the kit.Well I could not grip anything and then suddenly I had to go to the toilet.In agony with diarrhoea, it was then I realised I was having an heart attack,the trouble was I could not physically stand up so I could not get to the phone.So there I am stuck on the bog trying not to pass out and trying to stand up,after about half an hour I managed to stand up and get to the phone,not thinking straight I rang my wife and told her to come home( she was only across the road at a friends),she then phoned for an ambulance and the rest is history.
All the best to you all.
Ralph.

IMG_20190308_161745 DSCF5301 DSCF5310 DSCF5303 DSCF5285 DSCF5290 DSCF5293 DSCF5278 DSCF5279 DSCF5270

• Like 30

7 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Ralph, glad you made it, and a good thing that SWMBO was just across the road.

The Mikasa is exquisite, very well done. Regards, Jeff.

Yes it was.

And thanks for the kind comment.

I was several times down due to other things.

Take always a goal far away you want to reach, and you can reach with energy.

And hold it determined to reach it.

No matter what it is.

It helps.

Even today at Corona lockdown in my vcountry for next month (s).

Happy modeling

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dov said:

I was several times down due to other things.

Take always a goal far away you want to reach, and you can reach with energy.

And hold it determined to reach it.

No matter what it is.

It helps.

Even today at Corona lockdown in my vcountry for next month (s).

Happy modeling

Very true words dove.

I always try to keep busy with either modelling or solo board gaming.and my next goal is to always complete the next model no matter what.

All the best .

Ralph.

Lovely result there Ralph, there is a lot of work in that !

4 minutes ago, swralph said:

and my next goal is to always complete the next model no matter what

Very glad you came through, as others have commented you were bl**dy lucky your other half was so close,... but here's an idea, how about scratching the British fleet at Jutland, that will guarantee you at least another 50 years (150 if you do it in 1:200)🙃

Cheers

David

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dancona said:

Lovely result there Ralph, there is a lot of work in that !

Very glad you came through, as others have commented you were bl**dy lucky your other half was so close,... but here's an idea, how about scratching the British fleet at Jutland, that will guarantee you at least another 50 years (150 if you do it in 1:200)🙃

Cheers

David

Thanks for the kind words David.

I wish I could scratch build,ahh well plenty of kits for me to do otherwise.

• Like 1

Beautiful job Ralph! I’m really impressed with the rigging, weathering and surrounding water that you’ve executed in this build. I can almost feel the cold spray of sea water hitting my face while I imagine standing on the deck in this scene!

You’re scary health episode is a reminder to all of us to take care of ourselves and not not take any of remaining days for granted. Key to scale modeling happiness is to always have a build on the bench and the next build in our head, even when we’re under the weather.  Hoping for a fast recovery for you and many more builds in your future.

John

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nearsightedjohn said:

Beautiful job Ralph! I’m really impressed with the rigging, weathering and surrounding water that you’ve executed in this build. I can almost feel the cold spray of sea water hitting my face while I imagine standing on the deck in this scene!

You’re scary health episode is a reminder to all of us to take care of ourselves and not not take any of remaining days for granted. Key to scale modeling happiness is to always have a build on the bench and the next build in our head, even when we’re under the weather.  Hoping for a fast recovery for you and many more builds in your future.

John

Thank you for the wonderful comment John.

This was last year and I have completed many more models.

• 3 weeks later...

That was quite a scare, hope you are still on the mend and looking after yourself.

I don't usually look at the maritime section as it's something I know nothing about - the only things that float in Birmingham are canal barges! That is an excellent looking model and the seascape is very realistic. 1/350 is totally unknown to me, how long is the ship?

Steve

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritJet said:

That was quite a scare, hope you are still on the mend and looking after yourself.

I don't usually look at the maritime section as it's something I know nothing about - the only things that float in Birmingham are canal barges! That is an excellent looking model and the seascape is very realistic. 1/350 is totally unknown to me, how long is the ship?

Steve

Cheers Steve.😀

I am doing ok apart from mental health problems.

The ship is 14 inches long.

I am currently working on a Mig 23 which is at the decalling stage.

Whilst nowhere near as serious as your issue I tore my Achilles tendon 4 years ago and was off work for nearly 5 months not able to get around very well. The main thing that kept me going was modelling and being able to talk to people, so keep doing what you're doing on here as it does help a lot. Enjoy the good days and learn from the bad ones.

Which MiG-23 are you working on?

Steve

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BritJet said:

Whilst nowhere near as serious as your issue I tore my Achilles tendon 4 years ago and was off work for nearly 5 months not able to get around very well. The main thing that kept me going was modelling and being able to talk to people, so keep doing what you're doing on here as it does help a lot. Enjoy the good days and learn from the bad ones.

Which MiG-23 are you working on?

Steve

Hi Steve.

I'm working on the Trumpeter 1/48 MiG23MF Flogger B in the display scheme.

That must have hurt a fair bit.

I model most days for hours to keep my mind busy and the voices at bay,it's a way of life for me.