Looking for T-34/85 1:35 kit

Don Donato

Hello,

I want to build the polish TV-Series T-34/85 tank "Rudy" 102. Now I'm looking for a good, easy to build kit.

There are many!

I have chosen three kits:

T-34/85 No. 112 Factory Production, Academy | No. 13290

T34/85, 112 Factory Production, Airfix | Nr. A1361

T-34/85 Model 1944 No.174 Factory, Rye Filed Model, Nr. 5040 (here the additional tanks are missing, but it is the newest kit )

Opinions? Other suggestions?

Hi Don,

Currently building the RFM kit. It's an absolute joy to build.

Couple of minor errors in the instructions but nothing careful consideration, dry fitting and patience won't fix.

Paul

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paul Gillan said:

Hi Don,

Currently building the RFM kit. It's an absolute joy to build.

Couple of minor errors in the instructions but nothing careful consideration, dry fitting and patience won't fix.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the answer. Maybe you want to tell which errors...

If you are on a budget, the newer Zvezda kit isn't bad.  For my money, the Miniart kits will be the ones to get.  But they tend to over-complicate things.  They currently have a 1944 production zavod 112 kit.

However, be warned that the tank on your TV programme is almost certainly a post-war Czech-built version and not a wartime Russian one.  Miniart are the only people who offer a Czech version out of the box,  If you want to copy the TV tank faithfully.

The Airfix kit is just the Academy kit in a different box with different decals.  There is also the new Italeri kit.  The ICM, Revell and Dragon kits and the older Zvezda kit seem to be best avoided.

Your choice might be guided by the type of tracks provided.  Some have vinyl while others have plastic individual links or link-and-length.  You can check on-line reviews of pretty much every T-34/85 kits at Scalemates here: 

https://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=1265332&p=timeline  (scroll down to the bottom of the chart to move the timeline forward or back)

• Like 1

According to info from my friend:

There were several (at least 11) different tanks used in the production of that TV serial.

All of them were from Polish, not Czech ( 😉 Das Ab), post war production line.

If you try all combinations of key words on U-Tube, you'll be able to see them all :-)

I would go for this new RFM :-)

Zig

My pal gave me another lead:

http://fototeka.fn.org.pl/pl/strona/wyszukiwarka.html?key=Czterej+pancerni+i+pies&search_type_in=tytul&view_type=tile&sort=alfabetycznie&lastResult%5B%5D=9891&lastResult%5B%5D=231&lastResult%5B%5D=221&lastResult%5B%5D=10772&lastResult%5B%5D=227&lastResult%5B%5D=232&lastResult%5B%5D=225&lastResult%5B%5D=218&lastResult%5B%5D=228&lastResult%5B%5D=223&lastResult%5B%5D=220&lastResult%5B%5D=229&lastResult%5B%5D=219&lastResult%5B%5D=217&lastResult%5B%5D=9327&lastResult%5B%5D=230&lastResult%5B%5D=224&lastResult%5B%5D=226&lastResult%5B%5D=5282&lastResult%5B%5D=216&lastResult%5B%5D=222&pageNumber=1&howmany=50&view_id=&hash=1604654060

Looks like bunch of "on the film production" candid photos. Had a quick look - tank pics rather rare.

I would say - don't bother for 100% accuracy in TV serial tank.

Decals with "RUDY" will do.  :-)

Zig