trumpeter 1/200 bismarck with pontos upgrade kit

steve5

cheers pascal , starting to get the forward superstructure together . still got railings etc to put on, and some painting to do . but getting there . haven't started the guns yet .

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by steve5
  • Like 5

On 14/01/2021 at 14:41, steve5 said:

Thank you Greg , didn't know about the scharnhorst , has the pe , come out yet . Would be interested too .

I haven't seen any at the moment, but it won't be long I'm sure. 

I'm also going crazy about Yorktown. The ship that gave it's life to save us down under. Talk about fighting ones self. 

I get these crazy passions that get hard to resist. 🤔

• Like 1

didn't know about the yorktown history , did a search on wiki , what a tough ship .

been looking at the missouri , myself . found a bloke on u-tube , mid west modelers . did a complete build on her , very nice it was too .

Yes it was sad it was lost after putting up such a fight. Still it is still down there on the bottom unlike the ones that survived the war. Same goes for Bismarck and Scharnhorst. 

I will be following your progress from now on. 

I built the 1/350 Tamiya Bismarck in the eighties and used it as a pattern for a 1/150 scratch built one which I got half built before I gave it away. 

• Like 1

cheers greg , would like to have seen your scratch built one mate .

got the 150mm , 105mm , guns almost done , 

spacer.png

the planes are ready for paint , can anyone give me a good green for them please .

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

started on the boats , didn't realise how fiddly these were going to be , don't know how long they will stay in this condition , they are that fragile , the airbrush could damage them while painting .

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

should have some more done on the weekend .

• Like 6

2 hours ago, S-boat 55 said:

Looking very tidy,

Which green did you go for with the planes in the end?

If fussed about that sort of thing, the paints on the real Arados were the standard Luftwaffe Maritime scheme of RLM72 and RLM73 in a splinter pattern camouflage upper surfaces over RLM65 lower surfaces.

I'm not suggesting you absolutely need the exact right paints on a tiny little plane for a model ship, but it's always good to know what you're shooting at :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

sorry about the long wait , but I have been waiting for aa missing pontos fret , that they didn't send since october , just happens to be the railings . hasn't and probably wont arrive , so I've had to use the generic kit supplied ones . this so far , all I know is I will never buy pontos again .

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I still have a bit to do to ir , the boats , and weathering and such , I know some of the rails are a bit wonky , but I'm still learning how to use PE .so if you stand far enough away and squint , it looks alright . 😄

• Like 3