trumpeter 1/200 bismarck with pontos upgrade kit

steve5

finally got most of my stuff together , to make a start on this kit .

spacer.png

I have also bought the pontos upgrade kit , to go with it , you wouldn't believe it , it was missing the rails . sivon at BNA is doing her best for me , just hoping pontos comes good .

spacer.png

made a start on the stern rungs , these guides really help a lot .

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Very nice to see another in "The One True Scale" I will be following with interest, I must admit that I found the step change from 1;350 (my previous favourite) to 1:200 (my new favourite) to be surprisingly big, the amount of extra detail that can be added is a serious shock, or it certainly was to me, nice start by the way !!

Cheers

David

• Like 2

thanks for the thoughts guy's , if I get have as good as your's iceman I will be a very happy  modeler.

thought i better make a modeling board for this build , to try and stop me knocking it around accidently . and of course I ran out of bolts , 

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 12:02 PM, Dancona said:

Very nice to see another in "The One True Scale" I will be following with interest, I must admit that I found the step change from 1;350 (my previous favourite) to 1:200 (my new favourite) to be surprisingly big, the amount of extra detail that can be added is a serious shock, or it certainly was to me, nice start by the way !!

Cheers

David

There’s part of me that’s quietly yearning for a 1/200 RN carrier (kit, not your epic scratch build).  There’s another part of me that realises that the opportunities for super-detailing would probably a) stretch such a build into the decades at my usual speed and b) make my head explode.  Better stick to 1/350, I guess!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I need some advise guy's , the deck is too one colour , can anyone help me in weathering it please , it is also darker in real life . I was thinking of a grey wash !! ,and some dry brushing , any thoughts .

thanks for the comments guy's , no worries at all alpha juliet , will pipe you aboard sir , 🙂

made a start on the funnel , a lot more to do on it , I'm trying to work out in what order to paint it .

spacer.png

spacer.png

primed and painted

spacer.pngspacer.png

here is a very important lesson i have learned , do not , I repeat , do not use double sided tape and PE together , 🥵 

I am just very lucky I had 2 sets , I was going to use the kit one's , because they were more see through , and you might have seen the glass underneath , 

think I will go back to painting on the sprue .

spacer.png

• Like 8

don't know what these are called , but they go either side if the funnel and store the life boats .

spacer.png

spacer.png

as you can see one of the rails is missing on the top part , it was that fragile it just disintergrated on me , might try and scratch one up , see how I go .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steve5 said:

don't know what these are called , but they go either side if the funnel and store the life boats .

Gidday Steve, I thought they were aircraft hangars, each capable of storing one float-plane with wings folded. Regards, Jeff.