"Under New Management" 1/48 A6M5

Finished this up just recently and figured I'd share it here. I've been struggling with motivation to build which I believe is a direct result of not taking part online as much as I did in the past, so, by posting this up I hope this will help me get back in the habit of taking part.

Wasn't sure if this should go here or in the dioramas section and ultimately decided to put it here since it is barely a diorama. (If it is at all.)

Kit was Hasegawa's A6M5 with some ground equipment from the same, the figure is from Andrea and the foliage is from various producers.

NZ6-1507.jpg

NZ6-1496.jpg

NZ6-1502.jpg

NZ6-1509.jpg

NZ6-1514.jpg

NZ6-1517.jpg

NZ6-1520.jpg

NZ6-1523.jpg

NZ6-1527.jpg

NZ6-1535.jpg

NZ6-1556.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Matt

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words all. As a project goes on I find it more and more difficult to see anything but the flaws so it is good to hear different views and I am glad to hear folks like it.

The scene came together out of a mistake from an online shop. I had ordered a different figure and when it was delivered it was the right figure in the wrong scale, 1/72 instead of 1/48. I let the shop know, they told me to keep the 72nd figure and they would send out the correct figure. The figure arrived and it was in the right scale but was now the wrong figure, this one. In looking at this figure the idea for the dio hit me and I decided to leave well enough alone and just keep this one. (I had plenty of figures for the other project anyway.)

Matt

• Like 1

Matt - that's a corker - Great Zero but.......the ground work and figure are superb!!!! :clap2:

You're not an armour modeller by any chance - are you?

Get that Mojo back Sir - you are missed :weep:

Rob

On 10/31/2020 at 7:03 AM, robgizlu said:

Get that Mojo back Sir - you are missed :weep:

Rob

Working on it Rob, working on it.

9 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Also noticed your profile - north of DC. We might be neighbors. I'm in Greenbelt.

Indeed, I was in Montgomery County but am now in Laurel, so a little more east then previously, but still not far from Greenbelt.

Thanks again all for the kind words. 

Matt

18 minutes ago, Matt Parvis said:

Working on it Rob, working on it.

Indeed, I was in Montgomery County but am now in Laurel, so a little more east then previously, but still not far from Greenbelt.

Thanks again all for the kind words. 

Matt

I work in Laurel! 

Small world. I hope to see more of your work sometime.