Joy toy - Land of the lost--miniature mecha

This little box of goodies arrived today from China, not sure what these are or where they come from but this box of 12 minis cost me under a tenner in a sale so a lot for my money. A few different mechs in a 1/48 sclae rather than the 1/35 quoted but they are push fit little kits. At the moment I'm thinking about colour scheme and modified them already so this is a very tentative start on this box. 

Some nice deals and some that will need some help, but looking good. 

Screenshot-20201029-153610.jpg

IMG-20201029-141045.jpg
IMG-20201029-141122.jpg
IMG-20201029-141246.jpg
IMG-20201029-141522.jpg
IMG-20201029-142945.jpg
IMG-20201029-142952.jpg
IMG-20201029-203151.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Tzulscha said:

They look like gaming minis, I wonder if there is a ruleset out there..

That's what I was thinking and would be good to find a ruleset if there is one. 

I was thinking of making two of the smaller ones into some sort of work shop driods, maybe working in a scrap yard or hover bike shop, only ideas at the moment. 

• Like 1

Nice little things. They look like they could fit into almost any scale.

They'd be small droids to 1/35th figures or big ones to 1/72nd.

Adapt the weapons into welding torches or cutting discs and you're away.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I see a lot of potential in what you can do with these guys. I think my favourite of yours were the Ma.K walkers but also enjoy your Gunpla posts too RPC.

At least one of the larger units here looks directly inspired by a Warhammer space marine Dreadnought - a lot of other shapes in there look derivative of their Tau race stylings/devices too.

I like the inclusion of the Space Marine components in your last post, but can't tell if parts are from Reavers, Intercessors or regular Primaris. There's so many more interesting models than when I first started collecting them in lead, covered in flash and prone to bending, resistant to most glues!

q

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Wow they look excellent, might have to look into a box myself, where did they come from?

AliExpress, I bought these from this seller but there are others. Well worth the money I think. 

£14.79  48%OFF | JOYTOY 1/35 Model Kit Robot Figures Mini Machine (12/pcs) Model Toys Nude Color Opp Bags Free shipping
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTpigB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quasi said:

I see a lot of potential in what you can do with these guys. I think my favourite of yours were the Ma.K walkers but also enjoy your Gunpla posts too RPC.

At least one of the larger units here looks directly inspired by a Warhammer space marine Dreadnought - a lot of other shapes in there look derivative of their Tau race stylings/devices too.

I like the inclusion of the Space Marine components in your last post, but can't tell if parts are from Reavers, Intercessors or regular Primaris. There's so many more interesting models than when I first started collecting them in lead, covered in flash and prone to bending, resistant to most glues!

q

Cheers, Yeh I know what mean. Looks this these might be made up from a number of existing kits all mashed together and I'm at it again with a few Primaris Marines. Currently chopping and reshaping the leg of another at the moment. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to see what you come up with. I always have to include at least 1 warhammer model just to add a sense of scale and interest. I'm not overly keen on all of the ornamental icons etc but they're some nice lines and you can create an almost alternate universe

ignoring the lore/fluff!

• Like 1

Second one finished and have included a picture of a marine so you can get the idea size. Definitely more of a heavy assault group. The one with the dagger must be the team leader, minigun is the runner front man and need the next one with rocks launchers and/or a big gun I think. 

IMG-20201129-103235.jpg
IMG-20201129-102920.jpg
dav.jpg
rhdr.jpg

• Like 3

So we have are three figures ready to paint and I have been looking at the Ma.k universe for inspiration and have a few I like the look of mostly grey and white or grey and green with some splashing of colour. Also thinking of an industrial type location for then, lots of rubbish, pipes ets.

IMG-20201129-194922.jpg
dav.jpg
dav.jpg

• Like 6

I like the base. Nice ideas there. Could I suggest a wall on the back edge to contain the scene?

Perhaps the wall of a building, maybe a second floor door is hanging off. Concrete with rusty steel panels.

Maybe a sign on the tower with weird lettering to show that 'we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto'.

Mech colours, The grey, brick red and pale green. Roundels or stars as unit I.D. markings? So obviously not kreiger. 

I think they need something to show that they aren't meant to be kreiger. Not sure what though.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The original miniatures looked quite interesting on their own, but the extra stuff you've added to them works really well!

Considering one of them very much like a Dreadnought rather than being their own desgin, I wonder if any of the others are based off something too?

• Thanks 1