Revell 1/144 Boeing 767-300 Asiana Old Livery

Hello Everyone;

For those of you already follow construction stages on my Instagram account, as of today, I finally finished 1/144 Revell Boeing 767-300 Asiana.

Construction adventure took more than 20 weeks but happy with the result. Some scratch built details added like anti collision s, engine vortex generators.

For the paints, Xtracolor X309 Asiana buff (which is by far the worst paint ever used in terms of pigmentation) used for upper section. Lower section of the fuselage painted with Mr. Color C316 white, wings and horizontal stabilizers painted with MRP Boeing Grey, coroguard panels painted with Alclad dark aluminium. Model clear coted 4 layers of GX112. Decals from Liveries Unlimited are excellent considering they are 25 years old!

Thank you for looking.

Any comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Frankfurt

Prost!

DSC05338 DSC05340 DSC05319 DSC05325 DSC05329 DSC05330 DSC05336 DSC05334 DSC05317 DSC05343 DSC05344 DSC05347 DSC05345 DSC05349 DSC05350 DSC05351 IMG_0280

Edited by Berko
  • Like 38

That is a real beauty Berko.  Excellent build, first rate paint job (I share your pain - I only use Xtracolor as the very, very last resort) and beautifully weathered. I've always had a soft spot for the Revell 763 which was the kit that got me started in airliners in the early 1990s. 

Can I make one suggestion? Authentic Airliners window decals are excellent and worth considering for that extra finishing touch. I used them on a BA 763 a couple of years ago which is here if you are interested.

Thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

Dave G

Thank you so much for all nice comments.

On 10/29/2020 at 9:43 PM, neilg said:

That's beautiful!  The colours look spot-on!

Did you paint the red-and-white antennas on the belly, or are they decals?

Red and white antennas are decals 😊

On 10/29/2020 at 11:43 PM, Skodadriver said:

That is a real beauty Berko.  Excellent build, first rate paint job (I share your pain - I only use Xtracolor as the very, very last resort) and beautifully weathered. I've always had a soft spot for the Revell 763 which was the kit that got me started in airliners in the early 1990s. 

Can I make one suggestion? Authentic Airliners window decals are excellent and worth considering for that extra finishing touch. I used them on a BA 763 a couple of years ago which is here if you are interested.

Thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

Dave G

Dave, is guess I was little bit lazy to order AA decals. It is my fault on this one. From now on I will use AA decals however I believe that clear windows are the best option which I will try to do in my upcoming builds😊

Most excellent build! Really love the work you’ve done. I followed your build of the 763 on Instagram and enjoyed watching the Se photos are really nice, too. Very nice work On the weathering...not too much and not too little...just right to make her look as if she is well utilized between cleanings. Outstanding work on the details, too. Like Dave, I would recommend the Authentic Airliners windows that add Great realism to the model. Not a complaint, because your work here is very very good...just a suggestion that might be eye catching and that you might like. Thanks for sharing here...quite good! Wow. :star:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Berko,

Nearly missed this! Superb build, crisp and sharp with some of the best weathering I've seen! Even though in my opinion your wings are too clean!!

Have to agree with Dave and Paul regarding AA window decals they will really bring the model to life. They also do photo realistic landing lights too which are a nice touch.Cheers

What are your upcoming builds?

Cheers,

Ian