Short project...

Britman

This is the 144th Welsh Models Short Belfast that I built many years ago. It was time for a brush up and re marking. It will come out OK but I think I shall make a new one using techniques learnt since building this one.

DSCN1031

DSCN1023

I will keep you posted.

Keith

• Like 5

Nice!  Even in 1/144 scale, this plane looks impressive, and I can't even imagine how massive a 1/72 rendering would be.  I always wondered what kind of decision-making was involved with its withdrawal from service in '75-76, considering its newness.  It seems to have been a capable airframe.

• Like 1

It was a very capable aircraft as a mover of large or heavy objects. However it got caught up with the government defence cuts of the time. It should have seen another ten years service easily given its age and the fact that the RAF was stripped of its Britannia's, Argosy and Comets all in one sweep plus I think the Andover fleet was pruned back. As is well known the government had to call on what was left of the Belfast fleet to participate in the Falklands war only six years later.

Keith