Avro Anson - XIX T.20/21/22/C.21

wellsprop

Front undercarriage legs complete, I still need to sort out the main wheel and create locating holes in the wing. Tail wheel to do still too!

Anson_Undercarriage2

After the undercarriage is done, there is only the radiator baffles and exhaust to complete :)

Ben

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

Looks good! Are you planning in the future on offering the gunnery training variant with rear turret? 

Did the late mark Anson ever have a rear turret, I thought that was only the early version with the wood wing and lower fuselage? 

@Kushan_Farsight my original intention was to offer both the early and late versions of the Anson (starting with the late version as Classic Airframes make a [very expensive] kit of the early version), however,  the only common parts between the early and late versions are the rudder and undercarriage! 

I'm calling this done :)

Anson_Complete_1

Anson_Complete_2

It's far from perfect, but how many late mark Ansons are available as scale models!?

I'm getting fairly efficient with these now, this whole design has taken only 2 weeks, working about 3 hours a day. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,as an aged modeller ,Lockdown has made it a necessary MUST do to keep the grey cells going!I would be very interested in an Avro Anson C19 or 21,as I have been hunting for the Aeroclub one!Please put me down for a 72nd Scale version when anf if one is available.Thanking you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2020 at 14:11, Kushan_Farsight said:

Any 'Test Shots' of the model in resin form available yet? Looks Great! 

I've hit a production issue! 

I can CAD model at a decent rate and produce a complete design in a month or two. 

The only trouble is, it takes a week to print one model and I've only just finished printing the last of 25 1/48 Fairey IIIFs!

I'll be printing Chipmunks next which will take a couple more months. Until I can speed up production (new printer), I'm afraid these projects are going to take months to get printed :(

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jaw said:

How much is the 1/48 Anson likely to be?

John

Not a clue yet! But I would guess around £60-£80... 

I wouldn't get your hopes up about seeing this anytime soon though, it's just a hobby for me and my little printer doesn't have the capacity to keep up with what I've been printing! 

If I decide to offer this as a kit, it won't be until spring or summer. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, unfortunately, at the moment I am struggling with my printer as it keeps freezing mid print. I've raised a help ticket with anycubic and I may need a new motherboard. 

This has totally thrown my schedule... 

On 16/01/2021 at 13:43, wellsprop said:

Yes, unfortunately, at the moment I am struggling with my printer as it keeps freezing mid print. I've raised a help ticket with anycubic and I may need a new motherboard. 

This has totally thrown my schedule... 

Hey dude, 

Can't help with the Anycubic but needed to quote you to get your attention. If you're still looking for a vacuform ( and don't mind expenditure) then I've just seen an advert for something called a "Mayku Formbox". Could go miles for reproducing your 3D print masters as well? 

• 6 months later...