Tamiya 1/35 Marder lll M

Andy J

3 great kits Andy,  the Achillies I did earlier this year and the Jagdtiger about 2/3 years ago. The DW Stug is Dragon and it's one of there best by all accounts, even the moulded zimm is very good.

You could save the Stug for the GB next year...

Bon appetit....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

3 great kits Andy,  the Achillies I did earlier this year and the Jagdtiger about 2/3 years ago. The DW Stug is Dragon and it's one of there best by all accounts, even the moulded zimm is very good.

You could save the Stug for the GB next year...

Bon appetit....

Thanks Darryl considering I buy the kits based on the box art it seems I've done ok. I'm in no rush to build the Stug but as for a GB I'm not sure mate but there's plenty of time to think about it 🙂👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Looking good Andy, paintwork looks great..

Ed

Thanks Ed, I'm sure there's an easier way of working through this build than my approach but I reckon I can still detail the interior to an acceptable level 🙂👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Andy, Achilles, 'nuff said. After all, it's Sherman based innit?

John.

Sherman based............err......I think so John but one thing I am certain of is the box art looks nice 😉👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just came across this one Andy, and my apologies. If I'd had come in at the beginning I could have saved you the pain of finishing with the side wall's attached. I made the same mistake when I did the "Grille" early on. It was to say the least much harder, but not impossible. I would only advise you don't add any of the detail to the exterior of the vehicle, as the handling require will soon seem them broken off and on your bench. Finish the interior and then do the outside.

Regards

Simon,

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I just came across this one Andy, and my apologies. If I'd had come in at the beginning I could have saved you the pain of finishing with the side wall's attached. I made the same mistake when I did the "Grille" early on. It was to say the least much harder, but not impossible. I would only advise you don't add any of the detail to the exterior of the vehicle, as the handling require will soon seem them broken off and on your bench. Finish the interior and then do the outside.

Regards

Simon,

Thanks Simon but I seem to have a knack of making life difficult for myself as I've already added the exterior details 🙄.Not to worry though mate I'm new to these armour builds and it's a learning curve for me. The main thing I'm getting from armour up till now is enjoyment and thats what it's all about imo 🙂👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So I'll call today's session the camo update 🙂. First job to apply the green part of the camo to all parts where it was required, which in fairness is pretty much everywhere. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next the brown part of the camo and try to add a little detail to the fighting compartment. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All this paint needs to dry overnight now before I can add chipping, filters, washes etc but I'm happy with today's progress. The wheels, tracks and a couple of armour plates need work but I'm moving in the right direction i think. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 13

Brilliant!! That camo pattern is sooooooo good!! :worthy:

You've also done a great job with the interior considering you made it quite tricky for yourself!

Well done Andy

(Just catching up with this thread and great news about your test result 👍)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StuartH said:

Brilliant!! That camo pattern is sooooooo good!! :worthy:

You've also done a great job with the interior considering you made it quite tricky for yourself!

Well done Andy

(Just catching up with this thread and great news about your test result 👍)

Thanks Stuart, I think the camo will look better once I've added a filter or two but it's a decent base to work from. Tbh there's not that much detail in the interior but as long as i can highlight what there is i should be ok. And thanks again the test results were indeed a great relief 🙂👍

43 minutes ago, Longbow said:

That looks Brilliant, Andy !! 
Fantastic job on the camo !!

I hope you’re proud of it. ;)

Thanks Lee, i am indeed happy with the results of the camo 🙂👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vytautas said:

That is outstanding! Nice work, looks great!

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas, I'm very happy with progress so far 🙂

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Brilliant work Andy, excellent arbrushing! :thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith, another enjoyable session today and a decent amount of progress made 🙂👍

Only been away for a few days and look at the progress excellent airbrushing, I made the 1/48 achillies a while back, I think this one will look good when it's finished I still don't know how you build them so quick 

Ian 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ijs302 said:

Only been away for a few days and look at the progress excellent airbrushing, I made the 1/48 achillies a while back, I think this one will look good when it's finished I still don't know how you build them so quick 

Ian 

Thanks Ian, but if you think I'm quick check out @Longbow the man with tweezers of lightning i kid you not 🙂👍

• Haha 1