Tamiya 1/35 Marder lll M

Andy J

So time to begin my second armour build and I've chosen the kit below from Tamiya 

spacer.png

I really like the camo scheme shown on the box art and I have to admit that was the main reason I brought the kit 🙂. I will do my best to recreate the scheme above a bit of a challenge but what the hell I'm up for it 👍.I've started building up the kit today and the following pic's show what progress I've made so far 

spacer.png

spacer.png

So not much to show so far but I'm up and running and excited to be starting another build. As always thanks for looking and I'll be back soon 🙂👍

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Good start Andy, looks like typical Tamiya quality.

K

Yep very nice build so far but a lot smaller than I'd imagined. That's not a problem as such but will make painting the camo scheme a little more difficult. The rubber tracks aren't the best in the world but I don't fancy splashing out on aftermarket one's so will do the best I can with what I have 🙂👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Finally! I've been waiting a long time (since yesterday) :rofl:

Looking in with interest.

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas and welcome along 👍. I'll do my best to keep you entertained mate 🙂👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

Nice choice Andy, you going to throw in a few figures with this one ? 

Hadn't really thought about it tbh Dan but actually I just might give it a go 🤔. Any suggestions for a Marder crew or something that might work? There's only one figure with the kit itself i could do with a couple more i think 🙂👍

1 minute ago, Hamden said:

Nice start, I like the Marder family so will follow along if I may?

Stay safe       Roger

You're welcome Roger glad to have you along 🙂👍

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

Alpine are really good Andy, pricey but beautifully sculpted. Also look at Miniart, they are very good for plastic figures :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan I'll see what I can find 👍

33 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Hadn't really thought about it tbh Dan but actually I just might give it a go 🤔. Any suggestions for a Marder crew or something that might work? There's only one figure with the kit itself i could do with a couple more i think 🙂👍

Dragon do some nice figures but......Tamiyas latest generation of figures are really good for plastic and not desperately expensive. 

Great choice of kit btw, quite fancy the new early Marder theyve just released...🤔

• Like 1

Here's some Andy;

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HB84402?result-token=cIvC1

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HB84407?result-token=cIvC1

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MT35054?result-token=cIvC1

No idea what any of them are like quality wise, I've got some Miniart British figures and they don't look too bad.

K

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Dragon do some nice figures but......Tamiyas latest generation of figures are really good for plastic and not desperately expensive. 

Great choice of kit btw, quite fancy the new early Marder theyve just released...🤔

Like I said earlier Darryl I chose the kit for the box art but it does seem to be a very well engineered model which I suppose you'd expect from Tamiya 🙂

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Here's some Andy;

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HB84402?result-token=cIvC1

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HB84407?result-token=cIvC1

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MT35054?result-token=cIvC1

No idea what any of them are like quality wise, I've got some Miniart British figures and they don't look too bad.

K

Nice one Keith, the first link looks perfect to me, muchus gracias mon ami . That's Turkish for "ta mate "🙂👍

• Haha 1

Just now, Longbow said:

Pull your finger out !! Should have been finished by now !!

:D

Great little vehicle and kit, Andy. 

I’ll vote for Alpine figures too !!

Ok I've asked for that fair play to ya 🙄. Alpine figures are too expensive mate especially when mine will look pants anyway, but the one's @keefr22 linked for me look good enough for me. 🙂👍

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

This is one that I will follow, as it's based on the 38t. It looks a good kit so far.

John.

Early days yet John but seems a very tidy kit indeed. Good news this morning John my wife and I both tested negative on the covid tests we took the other day and my son has been told he is clear to return to work next week 🙂👍

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Early days yet John but seems a very tidy kit indeed. Good news this morning John my wife and I both tested negative on the covid tests we took the other day and my son has been told he is clear to return to work next week 🙂👍

That's brilliant news Andy. I'm really pleased for you and your family.

Stay safe.

John.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bullbasket said:

That's brilliant news Andy. I'm really pleased for you and your family.

Stay safe.

John.

Massive relief John and the bonus is i have to stay away from work until the 9th of November so plenty bench time available 🙂👍

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

I think you’ve caught the bug Andy!!!, great start to what looks like a nice kit, looking forward to seeing this progress...

all the best 

Ed

Thanks Ed, and yes I've dodged the covid bug and caught the armour bug but I'm not complaining 😉 👍

• Like 2

So can anyone suggest a colour to replicate red oxide primer please whether it's a single colour or a mix of colours doesn't matter just something that looks near enough will do ?

• Like 1