Airfix new-tool Sabre 4

72modeler

I saw this upcoming release on the Airfix Workbench site, and after searching for comments in the Rumourmonger section and not finding anything, I was wondering if anyone, especially @Sabrejet could comment upon the sprue shots. It looks to me like the kit has the standard span, unslatted wing, but in some of the sprue shots of the wing parts, it appears that two of the parts are slats. What gives? Don't see any slat rails or cutouts in the wing parts for slats, and it's not clear, to me at least, what those parts might be used for.

Any thoughts on the subject, Duncan? (Not my scale, but I'm happy to see the 1/48 modelers getting another Sabre, even if it's not a narrow chord, slatted wing variant!)

Mike

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/sabre-parts-first-look-exclusive

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Looking at the shots, I would say that they have provided the lower leading edge as a separate moulding. Odd really but maybe (just maybe) they are planning a future release where that whole sprue (which seems to include upper wing and lower LE part) is replaced by a slatted version? Total speculation and I am certainly nbo expert.

Duncan may have a view.

Terry

• Julien locked this topic