Think we'll get a kit licensed for this one??

Codger

Teen gearheads around the world will be tearing the Countach posters off of their bedroom walls soon:
https://www.caranddriver.com/photos/g34484301/bugatti-bolide-concept-specs-revealed-gallery/

If so, expect to sell your house to pay for it - the KIT that is. You must sell your CITY to pay for the real one.......:wall:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Codger said:

Don't hold back boys - they're queuing up to pay 5 million quid for this one............:rolleyes:

More money than brains obviously. IMHO, that is insane in an exciting sort of way. It'll give Greta conniptions. :D

1 hour ago, rs2man said:

That's got to be the ugliest car I've ever seen .

Kind of a cross between a batmobile & darth vader helmet from the rear, which is the only brief glimpse anyone is likely to get of it.

Steve

• Haha 1

On the serious side for a moment, I am truly amazed at the sheer number of manufacturers churning out 800 to 1800HP rockets these days. 600 HP is now the province of VW sedans and Audi wagons -!

In the '90's if you drove 550 on the street you were BAD. I know because I was. But now, the Top Gear lads are melting tires gleefully in all manner of McLarens, Astons, AMG's, Tarturas (?!), Konigs etcetera...

I know I'm seriously dating myself but did I imagine we have police, speed limits and global warming ?

:mental:

• Like 2

I’d love a Tamiya kit of one, not some hideously expensive die-cast based resin one or something from MFH. I suspect this has seen the light of day thanks to the upcoming LMH class regs for 2021 and beyond, which should make for some more interesting (and better looking) racing than LMP1...

best,

M.

54 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

from the rear, which is the only brief glimpse anyone is likely to get of it

Fat chance.  Most of them will spend their entire lives indoors, because they'll be bought as "investments", too valuable to be risked on the road.  If they're lucky they'll be turned over once a month to stop the oil congealing in the sump.  Of the rest, four will be written off by overpaid footballers (one will probably kill someone who had the bad luck to be within a mile of the Daihatsu Stadium), and the owners of the rest will drive them once, brick it at the performance, and flog them.  And somehow they'll still make a profit on them.

• Like 2

I must admit, I think Codger has got it right with the bedroom wall thing, to me the Bug does look a bit teen Manga nightmare/wet dream, it does have interesting bits but there are just too many of them for one car, a "cheaper" alternative which to my mind looks much more grown-up (and should be faster) is home grown https://www.caranddriver.com/lotus/evija 

Cheers

David 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dancona said:

I must admit, I think Codger has got it right with the bedroom wall thing, to me the Bug does look a bit teen Manga nightmare/wet dream, it does have interesting bits but there are just too many of them for one car, a "cheaper" alternative which to my mind looks much more grown-up (and should be faster) is home grown https://www.caranddriver.com/lotus/evija 

Cheers

David 

It looks nice in the flesh too. Cockpit is a bit minimalist but that's the Lotus way.

• Like 1