1/12 312T 1975

Ron, 

This has been well worth the wait - fantastic build!  While it's great to see assembled, I'm still drawn to the quality and realism you've achieved with the metal finishes and subtle weather - remarkable work.  The engine and rear end alone is a masterwork!

Cheers

Nick 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Stickframe said:

Ron, 

This has been well worth the wait - fantastic build!  While it's great to see assembled, I'm still drawn to the quality and realism you've achieved with the metal finishes and subtle weather - remarkable work.  The engine and rear end alone is a masterwork!

Cheers

Nick 

Thanks Nick...so pleased you like the build :)

I must admit...I couldn't resist trying it with the nose on...even though it won't be on the car for the final presentation.

As is usual with any moodel...no matter how hard you try...you can always see room for improvement in finishes and weathering...and that's certainly the case for me here...but I am glad you consider mine 'real' as is.

To be honest...it's the engine that always draws my eye first...then the cockpit...hence tha shroud not being shown on the car.

As always...your comments are much appreciated mate 👍

Ron

1 hour ago, silver911 said:

As is usual with any moodel...no matter how hard you try...you can always see room for improvement in finishes and weathering...and that's certainly the case for me here...

You need to improve your photography skills, as these photos are not showing us were you could have enhanced your model😅🤣😂.  As I said earlier in the thread this has been a real Masterclass - Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

You need to improve your photography skills, as these photos are not showing us were you could have enhanced your model😅🤣😂.  As I said earlier in the thread this has been a real Masterclass - Andy 

Funny you should say that Andy...as I charged up the digital camera earlier 🤣

Honestly though...I think we all see things in our work we think we could have done better...and there's always the next build eh 😱

Cheers for comment mate...always appreciated :)

Ron

Managed to get some pics of the beast today...a very elegant lady.....

IMG-7215.jpg IMG-7218.jpg   IMG-7216.jpg

IMG-7206.jpgIMG-7209.jpg

Then some detail shots.....

IMG-7190.jpg

IMG-7195.jpgIMG-7196.jpgIMG-7214.jpgIMG-7197.jpgIMG-7203.jpgIMG-7213.jpgIMG-7198.jpgIMG-7199.jpgIMG-7205.jpgIMG-7204.jpg

I finalised the cockpit shroud/air scoop today...so will get some pics of that tomorrow :)

Ron

to be continued............

Edited by silver911
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kitkent said:

Fantastic stuff Ron,all those small added details have definitely all come together to look like the real thing. Chris.

Glad you think it has all been worth the effort Chris...and very pleased you find it 'real' :)

Ron

As promised...some pics of the main cockpit shroud and air scoop.

I have added fixings to the screen and shroud...and managed to find some suitable decals for the mirrors...something I spotted on my ref pics.....

IMG-7221.jpgIMG-7222.jpg  IMG-7224.jpgIMG-7223.jpgIMG-7226.jpgIMG-7227.jpgIMG-7228.jpgIMG-7229.jpg

With this done...apart from a couple of very minor touchups...she is finally complete :yahoo:

Now it's time to begin the planning of the final display/scenic setting...and work out where all the tools etc. will sit around her.

Ron

to be continued............

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Pouln said:

Not withstanding your struggles, this is becoming a fantastic, realistic portrait of the real thing. 
Love it, Ron.

Many thanks for kind words Poul...always appreciated :)

I hope the scenic setting will provide another level of realism to finish it off nicely.

Ron

• Like 1

Absolutely outstanding work and result, as always, Ron !

Modern race cars are not my cup of tea, but I'm totally taken by your detailing and weathering skills 😉

Thanks for sharing 😎

• Like 1

Phew made it in before the topping off ceremony,  what an absolute stunner,  a great thread and so many ideas and tips for us modellers to try out, although I doubt I will ever reach your amazing standards.   Really great work,  looking forward to seeing it displayed.

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Superb Ron (but then we'd expect no less from you)

A nice sentiment mate...however...as my print mentor used to say to me..."the expectations others may have of you, must never exceed those you have of yourself".

With those words in mind...throughout this build I set out to push myself harder with each step...and looking back over it...I believe I have...for the most part at least...achieved that...and am very satisfied with the result.

Cheers

Ron

1 hour ago, silver911 said:

and am very satisfied with the result.

And that is the most important thing. It’s your build, you should be happy with it (although I know that you will not have it in your home for very long after it is finished).

2 hours ago, CrazyCrank said:

Absolutely outstanding work and result, as always, Ron !

Modern race cars are not my cup of tea, but I'm totally taken by your detailing and weathering skills 😉

Thanks for sharing 😎

Many thanks for kind words Thierry...and great to have you back with us :)

I get what your saying regards period racing cars...however...I have always loved the 70's and 80's cars...with the 312T being my favourite of all...and the reason I put so much extra work into the build.

Always a pleasure to share with like minded modellers.

Ron

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 6:38 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Phew made it in before the topping off ceremony,  what an absolute stunner,  a great thread and so many ideas and tips for us modellers to try out, although I doubt I will ever reach your amazing standards.   Really great work,  looking forward to seeing it displayed.

Chris

A lot more yet to come Chris...so you still have more to come.

Glad the build has been useful to you and others...it makes it so much more fun to provide an insight into the way I work...and I have learnt a lot more in doing this beast.

Personally...it's never been about achieving the standards of others for me...only ever about raising my own bar...so to speak.

We all see in the work of others...things we would like to see in our own...however...that can be a 'double edged sword'...indeed...it can actually hold us back at times...when in reality...it's what we want to achieve that's more important.

If there is anything I can ever help you with...please...just ask mate.

Ron

Edited by silver911
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Pouln said:

And that is the most important thing. It’s your build, you should be happy with it (although I know that you will not have it in your home for very long after it is finished).

What makes me happiest Poul...is that I honestly believe 'Mr C' would have approved of the final results...and this is my tribute to a dearly loved and sorely missed friend.

• Like 2