1/12 312T 1975

37 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

I was more than impressed with all the individual components,  but now their starting to come together it's looking phenomenal - Andy 

Thanks Andy...so glad you are impressed with the progress and coming together of components and sub-assemblies.

Cheers for comment mate :)

Ron

14 minutes ago, silver911 said:

For the top side panels I used 3M double sided tape to fix them in place...using that meant no paint or finishes had to be removed to get a very strong bond...and no risk of unwanted scratches or excess adhesives damaging surrounding areas.

In other areas...where I have used metal fixings etc. ...I tend to use thin CA sparingly.

Hope that helps answer your question mate.

Ron

Thanks, certainly does! Its always interesting to hear how the 'hidden' aspects are tackled. I would never have thought of using double sided tape!

M.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 6:05 PM, Malc2 said:

Thanks, certainly does! Its always interesting to hear how the 'hidden' aspects are tackled. I would never have thought of using double sided tape!

M.

To be fair Malc...I worked with DS tape everyday in the print...so it's a favourite of mine.

One thing to bear in mind...they can be very unforgiving...easy to get a piece down in the wrong place...and a real struggle to get it to release without using a release agent such as alcahol or nail polish remover!!!

Edited by silver911
added text

4 hours ago, pg265 said:

Hi,

Great job Ron.

what a beautiful build!

Pascal

The 312 T was always a sleek thing of beauty...and I have tried my best to capture that.

Much appreciate you taking the time to comment Pascal :)

R

Right...so today's job was not one I was looking forward to...wiring up the rest of the cockpit/tub !

To be fair...it was a lot less stressful than anticipated.

First the rev counter cable was glued to the back of it...then routed along the radiator pipe as per the 1:1...and ties added.

I did try some of the MFH cable ties...but found them impossible to work with...the holes to thread them were solid...and...when trying to clear them they just fell apart...so I used metal ones instead.....

IMG-7170.jpgIMG-7171.jpg

Then on to the other side...which entailed fitting the steering wheel loom...followed by the rest of the instruments.

Once the glue had set properly...then came the task of routing them all along the radiator pipe...and...as with the previous side...attaching ties...

IMG-7172.jpgIMG-7173.jpg

So this is where she sits now.....

IMG-7175.jpgIMG-7174.jpg

Next up will be the side pontoons and rear wing assembly.

Ron

to be continued............

• Like 12

Having spent last night deciding on what parts to assemble next...waying up the 'pro's and cons' so to speak...this morning I made the choice.

With the side pontoons the least likely to cause issues once fitted...compared to the rear wing...I started with the easiest side.....

IMG-7177.jpg

Repeated for the other side.....

IMG-7178.jpg

These fitted snugly without any glue needed...which was a nice bonus with all the paintwork and decals to think of.

Next up...the rear wing and support assembly.

With the battery loom and brake light wiring...along with the two hoses from the radiator enclosed in the support...plus the starter motor wires...and the previously made 'armoured' radiator hose still to connect...it meant being very careful not to trap any of them in between the wing and chassis.

As I had strengthened the support frame earlier on in the build...I had four nice strong mounting points...a bit of a juggle with all the wires and hoses but.....

IMG-7179.jpg

After allowing a couple of hours for the CA to fully set...then came all the routing and fixing of all those wires and hoses.....

IMG-7180.jpg

A few quick pics of where it's at right now.....

IMG-7181.jpgIMG-7186.jpgIMG-7184.jpgIMG-7182.jpg

Next up...time to get the 'boots' on :)

Ron

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Michael Church said:

Staggeringly good!

Many thanks Michael...a real compliment :)

5 hours ago, Toftdale said:

Seconded 👍- Andy 

Thank you Andy...nice one mate.

3 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

What a joy! She's looking fantastic coming together! Very impressive work!

Thank you for the kind words...so pleased you find it impressive.

Cheers guys

Ron

8 hours ago, harveyb258 said:

Thirded.....:thumbsup:. A joy to behold, matey.

Cheers, H

Cheers H...a joy to get this far :)

6 hours ago, Malc2 said:

Looking good, always satisfying when the major assemblies come together!

M.

Apart from the stress and worry...very satisfying Malc :yahoo:

• Haha 1

Late last night...and with sleep still not an option...I gave in and put her 'boots'on.....

IMG-7187.jpg

Then I just couldn't resist seeing what she would look like with her nose on.....

IMG-7207.jpg

IMG-7208.jpg

Have spent today joining the air scoop and cockpit shroud...fitting the mirrors and screen...and adding some fittings.

Didn't have time to get pics...so that will be tomorrow's job...which means she is all but finished...just a couple of very minor touchup's to do...and the beast is all but done.

Ron

• Like 8