1/12 312T 1975

I’m very late to the party here, but just been through this from the start.

It’s all been said already, but this is a masterpiece of a model. Absolutely beautiful.

Nick

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nick said:

I’m very late to the party here, but just been through this from the start.

It’s all been said already, but this is a masterpiece of a model. Absolutely beautiful.

Nick

Glad you enjoyed going through the build progress so far Nick.

Cheers for comments...much appreciated :)

Ron

As requested...a quick recap of where the build stands whilst waiting for funds to become available for the Red paint and Clear Coat etc.

All of the bodywork is primed and prepped for paint/decals/clear.....

IMG-6929.jpg

The wings as were.....

IMG-6932.jpg

The radiator pipes awaiting placement of the top panels...which will allow me to finish the cockpit/tub once in place...with the rivets painted for the rear wing end plates once done.....

IMG-6933.jpg

A couple of views of the main cowl...wheels...rear wing support...along with the selection of accessories for the final display etc. .....

IMG-6930.jpg

IMG-6931.jpg

Air hoses and fittings for the power tools.....

IMG-6934.jpg

And finally...the beast herself.....

IMG-6935.jpg

I will hopefully be able to order the paint and clear at the beginning of next month...which...barring any issues with the plastic like the wings...will allow me to finally move this build forward.

Ron

to be continued............

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

This again shows that you will end up with a really fantastic model display. Hope you can get the paint soon and show us more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt Crane said:

Ron, this build inspires me a lot!

A huge compliment Matt...which inspires me to finish this beast :)

Ron

7 hours ago, pg265 said:

Hi Ron,

Can’t wait to see the next steps!

Pascal

You and me both Pascal 😉

Ron

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pouln said:

This again shows that you will end up with a really fantastic model display. Hope you can get the paint soon and show us more.

Should be able to order the paint and clear at the front of next month Poul :clap2:

Ro

Mr argent-neuf-cent-onze (*)  ,

Thank you for the wonderful photos of your stunning work. All those parts would make a great diorama.

(*) Your username sounds good in French, like a character from a James Bond movie 🙂

Sincerely

Pascal

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pascal said:

Mr argent-neuf-cent-onze (*)  ,

Thank you for the wonderful photos of your stunning work. All those parts would make a great diorama.

(*) Your username sounds good in French, like a character from a James Bond movie 🙂

Sincerely

Pascal

Thanks Pascal...the scene/diorama/final display is as yet in the planning stage...something along these lines might work...(without the figure).....

03-1975-ferrari-312-t.jpg

Sans certain body panels to allow detail work to be seen.

Ron

Edited by silver911
  • Like 6

I love how you mange to control the tones in your work.  The bright red fire extinguisher and the white oil can should stick out like a sore thumb,  but somehow they just blend in to perfection, absolutely awe inspiring - Andy 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 3:32 PM, Toftdale said:

I love how you mange to control the tones in your work.  The bright red fire extinguisher and the white oil can should stick out like a sore thumb,  but somehow they just blend in to perfection, absolutely awe inspiring - Andy 

It may be due to using oil paints for much of my work...that and my many years as a figure painter...which tends to train you to see and use colours differently to most modellers.

Whilst I also tend to acknowledge the 'scale effect' principles...I modulate them to suit a given subject/aspect of my pieces/builds.

For instance...if you look at the last picture I posted of an idea for a backdrop...ignoring colour correction aspects for an oldish photo...you can clearly see the effect a cold damp day has on the colours...especially the reds and whites.

It's these shifts in tonal values...hues and luminosity...that I try to replicate in my work.

Hope that makes sense Andy.

Cheers for comment...much appreciated :)

Ron

Edited by silver911
  • Like 1

HI Ron, 

I really like your idea for the backdrop - it appears to be trackside, and comes equipped with an actual backdrop, or in this case building façade (ie you can build a convincing wall, and not an entire building!) - so when you shoot it, you don't need to filter out background clutter and can focus on the car! and, can include your various tools and so on - this is shaping up really well! 😀

Cheers

Nick 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stickframe said:

HI Ron, 

I really like your idea for the backdrop - it appears to be trackside, and comes equipped with an actual backdrop, or in this case building façade (ie you can build a convincing wall, and not an entire building!) - so when you shoot it, you don't need to filter out background clutter and can focus on the car! and, can include your various tools and so on - this is shaping up really well! 😀

Cheers

Nick 

When I did my ‘generic racetrack’ background, this is as simple as painted sandpaper and 2 A4 printed pieces of paper for the background agip logos. 

4844072455_b55c7cf078_b.jpg

• Like 2

Have used sandpaper myself in the past...works well for a tarmac type surface 👍

I tend to prefer a 3D backdrop to a printed one...although a printed backdrop works better for creating distance when slightly out of focus.

With a 3D backdrop...you get much better and more natural shadows when photographing the subject IMHO.

Appreciate your input Nick :)

Ron

1 hour ago, silver911 said:

Have used sandpaper myself in the past...works well for a tarmac type surface 👍

I tend to prefer a 3D backdrop to a printed one...although a printed backdrop works better for creating distance when slightly out of focus.

With a 3D backdrop...you get much better and more natural shadows when photographing the subject IMHO.

Appreciate your input Nick :)

Ron

Y

• Confused 1

On 8/28/2021 at 6:01 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Great to see the sub assemblies together like this and as mentioned above  this is very inspirational.   

Thanks for posting the photos.

Chris 

I am glad you find it inspirational Chris...makes it all worthwhile for me :)

Ron

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...