1/12 312T 1975

37 minutes ago, silver911 said:

but nail powders need UV sealing I believe...not sure how that would work on plastic.

Well, I tried it some time ago. Wet paint will do, clear coat too. You can also mix it in clear. Results depend on method.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 5:14 PM, Pouln said:

Well, I tried it some time ago. Wet paint will do, clear coat too. You can also mix it in clear. Results depend on method.

Interesting Poul...what sort of uses have you applied it to?

Ron

Rather off topic, but since you ask...

I actually used it on some mini’s I was painting for a game.

To produce a somewhat metallic shine on feathers in wings.

It results in something like this:

IMG_9473.JPG

This was done by using clear to fixate the powder. Some of the powder rubs off during that process, so I’m looking into other techniques to maintain the effect.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:45 PM, Pouln said:

Rather off topic, but since you ask...

I actually used it on some mini’s I was painting for a game.

To produce a somewhat metallic shine on feathers in wings.

It results in something like this:

IMG_9473.JPG

This was done by using clear to fixate the powder. Some of the powder rubs off during that process, so I’m looking into other techniques to maintain the effect.

Nice result :)

I did something of a similar nature in my figure days...I used women's (girlfriends) makeup (over a white undercoat) for this face...

IMG-0010-4.jpgIMG-0011-4.jpgIMG-0012-4.jpg

Ron

Edited by silver911
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, silver911 said:

Nice result :)

I did something of a similar nature in my figure days...I used women's (girlfriends) makeup (over a white undercoat) for this face...

IMG-0012-4.jpgIMG-0011-4.jpgIMG-0010-4.jpg

Ron

She has beautiful eyes...it's a pity that her ears hide them 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Codger said:

Divine. Her phone number please?? :devil:

Ah, you silly old old man. She’s taken.....🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

Fantastic work!

I actually have the same lady in the stash.

Some day I'll come to paint her, but won't match your level.

Very impressive!

One of my favourite figures...all skin tones...apart from the face...were airbrushed...much easier in this scale.

Thank you for kind words.

Ron

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 8:01 PM, Stickframe said:

Didn't Rick James sing about a girl like her? "the kind you don't bring home to mother - a super freak!"  😁  Great painting Ron - she almost looks like a photoshop animation!

Cheers,

Nick

Quite attractive for a Super Freak tho mate 😱🤣

She's actually a 'Garage' kit mate...promise you she's no animation LOL

https://www.e2046.com/p/13524/&title=darkness-elf-assassin

Ron

Edited by silver911
added text

• 2 weeks later...

A small update...just so you know I haven't forgotten the 312T :)

Another of those details that are so obvious if left out...mesh covers for the stacks.

There are some after-market ones available...but most of these come in sets of eight...and of course I needed twelve...so I decided to make my own.

Having tried a few different types of copper and brass meshes...I settled on the finest I could find in brass...and got some tools sorted to make them with...(the stamp was kindly made by a friend with a mini lathe).

As you can see...I tried several hole sizes to get the right diameter to fit the kit stacks when stamped...

IMG-6512.jpgIMG-6513.jpg

Then it was just a case of gluing the meshes to the stacks...trimming them down...and adding the bands from strips of masking tape...finally giving them a dust coat of ali paint...

IMG-6510.jpgIMG-6521.jpgIMG-6522.jpg

Once dry I can finally fix them to the rails...which means the engine can then be joined to the cockpit tub to complete the chassis...and the boots can go on.

to be continued.......

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, silver911 said:

Then it was just a case of gluing the meshes to the stacks...trimming them down...and adding the bands from strips of masking tape...finally giving them a dust coat of ali paint...

:nono:  I suspect this is rather like the instruction sheet to build the Space Shuttle; 'Open box, fly in space'.

I further suspect much trial/error, blue language, much mesh (!), tiny bits and re-do's. But all worth while by this result.

Nice to see you up and about as we've been patiently waiting for advanced lessons to re-appear. :worthy:

• Haha 1

Hi Ron,

I was beginning to wonder when you'd share another update.  Well worth the wait!  Very clever solution and I get the point of not buying two sets of (expensive!) aftermarket kit sets.  Nice of your friend to turn the correct size press for you - what a great tool - certainly beats using a ball bearing glued to a dowel! (yes, I've tried and failed at that!) 😁  you've achieved a perfect fit, and they look the part.  And, special tip-o-the-Xacto for getting those tiny, tape "X"s in place - that could have been more difficult than shaping the mesh itself!  These will look great on the engine. 

Cheers and stay well - 

Nick 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Codger said:

:nono:  I suspect this is rather like the instruction sheet to build the Space Shuttle; 'Open box, fly in space'.

I further suspect much trial/error, blue language, much mesh (!), tiny bits and re-do's. But all worth while by this result.

Nice to see you up and about as we've been patiently waiting for advanced lessons to re-appear. :worthy:

Damn...you know me too well Mr C...in truth...it wasn't quite as easy as I had hoped for...much along the lines you describe 🤬

• Haha 1