1/144 - Boeing B-52G & H Stratofortress by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) & Pit-Road - B-52H & G released

Homebee

2 things:

- I see Tomytec do 1/144 weapons sets including AGM-158 JASSM; does anyone know of other manufacturers who offer it (perhaps Eduard will downscale their Brassin sets?), or is it going to be a case of modifying the AGM-129s provided? The Tomytec set is long OOP sadly.

- Is anyone aware of where a decal sheet for all serials exists, or whether one is planned?

Either way, looks a lovely kit and I've ordered!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Boeing B-52G & H Stratofortress by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) & Pit-Road - B-52H released - new B-52G variant in 2021
On 4/24/2021 at 4:31 AM, Homebee said:

Next variant will be - ref. L1009 - Boeing B-52G Stratofortress

Source: https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=GW-L1009

hi-PI000000270018.jpg

hi-PI000000270019.jpg

V.P.

Bit of a mismatch in armament and markings, unless there are some additional tooling changes/optional parts not shown.  All G models modified for carriage of the AGM-86 ALCM had 'strakelet' fillets added to the wing roots as a treaty verification measure to allow the ALCM carriers to be readily identifiable by satellite photos (the H models were all ALCM-capable but the larger bypass section on their TF-33 engines were sufficient as a distinctive identifier).

58-0183 Valkyrie was an ALCM airframe, and one of the vaunted 'Secret Squirrel' birds that launched from Barksdale with the then-classified conventional warhead AGM-86C on the opening night of Desert Storm. So she should have the strakelets fitted.

https://www.dstorm.eu/pictures/nose-arts/b-52/58-0183_12.jpg

The other two options shown are non-ALCM birds, thus the standard G/H wing roots are correct but obviously not AGM-86s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Boeing B-52G & H Stratofortress by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) & Pit-Road - B-52H released - new B-52G variant in June 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Boeing B-52G & H Stratofortress by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) & Pit-Road - B-52H & G released

Anyone know which is a more accurate kit?  Great Wall or Academy?  Talking about the plastic, I don't care about paint schemes or decals.  

8 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

Anyone know which is a more accurate kit?  Great Wall or Academy?  Talking about the plastic, I don't care about paint schemes or decals.  

If it comes down to the B-52H, I read often that the Academy kit is more accurate overall (and true to the current Blocks) while the GWH kit displays finer panel lines.

I have the GWH, I am no B-52 expert but it is true that the blocked engines nacelle exhausts are annoying.

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 2:31 AM, Ad-4N said:

I have both kits and when I made some comparison,it seems GWH B-52's radar altimeters are missing,so too are the VOR aerials on the tail fin,the bomb bay is too long and details beyond the rear main undercarriage are also a bit vague. The bomb/wheel bay box section longeron is also depicted wrongly, it should look like a long plank not a half tube. The comparisons are made by using drawings from Osprey's B-52 books and superimposing outlines of the kits with actual pictures.