• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Davek72 said:

That’s quite a start Stu 😜

Even more now, pair of hawks ready for sanding and painting, though given I've not decided on a scheme for the second, and having cold feet about doing the red/white and blue one not least as I didn't think to prime the sprues white, so got to do some thinking 

50586550301_eafc3afdd8_b.jpg

• Like 4

White stripe on and touch ups done, shouldn’t have fitted the stabs in hindsight, would have been finished sooner, also decided on the scheme for the second one, though it will need the fin fillet extended, going to be a grey with a coloured tail to replace a similar scheme on an italeri kit I build a few years back 

50626237297_c10109ac5a_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unless there's an extension these are not going to make the deadline, too much to do and to little time, also have only one usable set of canopy parts so will have to go to revell to finish the second one.. Still heres how they look and will try and finish the colourful one. 

50704196771_2edb52bb7c_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to Revell Early Hawk
  • 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Hook said:

Looking very good - any updates? 

Nope, sitting there waiting for decals still, the fact I've got to go through the xtradecal stencils sheet not the long list of correct numbers, note them down then cut them all off has made it a rather low priority task 

• 5 months later...

Finally got some decals on, was going to go with the 4fts options but the sqn badge and nose lettering disintegrated so instead it’s the same aircraft when it was with 100sqn, though I didn’t realise they were the same and I ditched the serials fortunately I have the xtradecal serial sheet. 

51515950138_67c75afbb0_b.jpg

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***finished***Revell Early Hawk