circle masks

HotWaffle

When I started painting "more serioulsy" a while back I faced the same problem. My subject was a 1/35 tank, however. I opted for masking fluid instead of circular tape. I apply Vallejo masking fluid with a microbrush or toothpick or "gravity" depending on size.

There are many, many videos on Youtube to show you how.

Good luck!

If you have a 'Works' in your town they will probably have them too, I use it all the time. Won't cut REALLY small circles but well worth having. For things like masking wheels on older kits with indistinct 'tyres' I have one of those hole punches with half a dozen different sizes, also quite handy. Usually good enough for that job. 

Good luck with the roundels. 

For the smaller stuff I use a hollow punch set like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004LAP3M0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (I also have another set that goes down to 0.5mm). I just stick tamiya tape on a vinyl tile, give the punch a whack with a hammer (not too hard - don't want to go through the tile) and peel off a perfect disc. Of course you can punch discs out of plastic sheet for construction purposes as well.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1