Das Werk 1/35 Tiger ll

Andy J

For a first AFV, you've done an excellent job Andy. Obviously your abilities from your car builds have transferred over to this side. I hope that you'll be building more AFVs in the future (Sherman??).

John.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edjbartos said:

I've followed your build Andy all the way through, as i've said before cracking job mate...

all the best

Ed

Thanks Ed, I appreciate your comment and support 🙂👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

For a first AFV, you've done an excellent job Andy. Obviously your abilities from your car builds have transferred over to this side. I hope that you'll be building more AFVs in the future (Sherman??).

John.

Thanks John, I most certainly will be building more AFVs in the future and although not my next build i have the kit below in the stash 🙂👍

spacer.png

Edited by Andy J
spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Longbow said:

Looking Good, Andy !!

Right then !! Bob’s your uncle, and Kevin’s your Aunt !! 

On to the next one ;) :D 

Yep starting it shortly 👍 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Andy J said:

I didn't add a lot of the effects you mention simply because I don't have the experience required to apply them correctly. However in this case it would seem less is more if you see what I mean 🙂👍

Definitely. I'm not saying it's wrong to do lots of chipping and rust on a tank if that floats your boat. It's your model. And a properly realistic model can sometimes look a bit boring, so I don't blame people for choosing a more artistic interpretation. Also, I still use the old dry brushing method - for instance, a darker colour can be used quite successfully to recreate the effect of dirt and dust being rubbed off edges and hatches, to create a used look. 

I look forward to seeing your next build!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IanC said:

Definitely. I'm not saying it's wrong to do lots of chipping and rust on a tank if that floats your boat. It's your model. And a properly realistic model can sometimes look a bit boring, so I don't blame people for choosing a more artistic interpretation. Also, I still use the old dry brushing method - for instance, a darker colour can be used quite successfully to recreate the effect of dirt and dust being rubbed off edges and hatches, to create a used look. 

I look forward to seeing your next build!

I guess that's the joy of weathering being able to create as much or as little of an effect as you require 🤔 

4 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Looking excellent, and the attention to detail is amazing 👍

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas I'm very happy with the final results 🙂👍

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Well alright I guess,.....for a first armour build..:whistle:

Go on then, if I must.....:partytime:

Great work Andy, looking forward to seeing the next.

Atb 

Wow that must have pained you greatly but I'll take it all day long 🙂. Big thanks from a fellow soon to be Warhawk mask wearer 😉👍