Some Warhammer Dungeon Adventurers

RobL

Hey all

I've been working on a project for replacing the plastic models you got in the core box of the 1995 release of Games Workshop's Warhammer Quest tabletop/board game.  Thought I'd share my results so far here.

I like the aesthetic that the adventurers in the iOs/Android/PC video game have, they're based on the models from the final version of Warhammer Fantasy Battles, before GW killed it and brought out Age of Sigmar, so I've tried to make my adventurer models look as close as I can to that.

I'm not the greatest figure painter in the world, nor would I ever win a Golden Daemon competition (I don't/can't do eyes for example), but here's what I've got so far (2 of these were posted in another thread here) -

Replacement Barbarian (a kitbash of GW parts) -

IMG-1906.jpg

IMG-1908.jpg

Replacement Elf (a Reaper Miniatures figure) -

IMG-1888.jpg

IMG-1890.jpg

Replacement Dwarf (another GW parts kitbash) -

IMG-1918.jpg

Replacement Wizard (another Reaper Miniatures figure) -

IMG-1892.jpg

IMG-1894.jpg

Warrior Priest(ess), replacement for the supplemental box set figure, (a figure by Hasslefree Miniatures), yes she is meant to look like she's wearing lipstick -

IMG-1948.jpg

IMG-1950.jpg

More to come, I keep a plog here - https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/791027.page

Edited by RobL
  • Like 8

Thanks.  One more finished, about about 5 more to go, plus two to buy at some point -

This one is a High Elf Shadow Warrior, a replacement/alternative for the supplemental box set Elf Ranger, based on the iOS/Android/PC video game.  It's a Games Workshop model.

IMG-1967.jpg

IMG-1966.jpg

Edited by RobL
  • Like 3

Thanks guys,  I finished another one today.  Still 5 adventurers to paint and 1 still to buy...

This is the original Warhammer Quest Witch Hunter model by Games Workshop, I was trying for a Witchfinder General/Van Helsing look, and went with a "grey stone" base this time...

IMG-1977.jpg

IMG-1978.jpg

IMG-1979.jpg

IMG-1980.jpg

Edited by RobL
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Finished another one last night.  Still 4 adventurers to paint and 1 still to buy...

This one is a Chaos Warrior.  Not sure what a Chaos Warrior is doing adventuring in a dungeon but hey ho GW made a box set expansion for a Chaos Warrior...

It's a kitbash of a couple of GW parts, but mostly from a single plastic model.

IMG-2005.jpg

IMG-2006.jpg

Edited by RobL
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...