G-Fire decals?

Orso

It is hard to ask this in the right forum. It ought to go in the civilian group but I feel that most people building civilian planes doesn't care to much for warbirds.

Is there any 1/72 scale decals for Spitfire G-FIRE? I found some from Draw decal but postage from USA is to expensive so something in Europe?

12 hours ago, Bedders said:

I think Draw Decal are good. They take a while to come from the US but they're good quality. I used their decals for this Mustang.

The ex Red Pegasus G-HUNT, G-FIRE and G-FURY decals are not currently available. The Red Pegasus site says that following the sale of the business you'll only be able to buy the stuff from the Drawdecal site in future: the Drawdecal site doesn't list them, though it may some day.  and hooray! They are now up on the Draw Decal site after a long absence: thanks Magpie22 for the update

18 hours ago, Orso said:

It is hard to ask this in the right forum. It ought to go in the civilian group but I feel that most people building civilian planes doesn't care to much for warbirds.

Is there any 1/72 scale decals for Spitfire G-FIRE? I found some from Draw decal but postage from USA is to expensive so something in Europe?

If you want to do G-FIRE in the short to medium term it's either Draw Decal or commission your own decals in 1/72 or do it the easy way and use the new Airfix kit in 1/48.

Edited by Work In Progress
correction

1/48 is out of the question. I have no interest in that scale and my ALPS printer is out of order so that option is out to. $14 postage for a decal sheet from USA is to much and Draw decals say that as mail service is almost dead they recommend UPS instead at $40 so I'll skip this build.

7 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

The ex Red Pegasus G-HUNT, G-FIRE and G-FURY decals are not currently available. The Red Pegasus site says that following the sale of the business you'll only be able to buy the stuff from the Drawdecal site in future: the Drawdecal site doesn't list them, though it may some day. 

If you want to do G-FIRE in the short to medium term it's either commission your own decals in 1/72 or do it the easy way and use the new Airfix kit in 1/48.

Draw Decals does list G-FIRE, G-HUNT, and G-FURY decals in 1/72, 1/48. 1/32 and 1/144. Listed Draw decals are always available - they are printed on demand with the placing of an order - generally done within a week.

Their service is excellent. Postage can be expensive - have a chat with them - perhaps thre is a cheaper way if you are willing to accept any postal loss that may occur.

Peter Malone