AMT P-40N Reserve Fuel Tank Part.....HELP!

BlueNosers352nd

Calling those that built the AMT P-40N.  What did you do with the Reserve Fuel Tank, part A6?  It fits, but there is so much slop side to side, more so at the front.  So much that you can't even rest it on the provided tabs.  The fuselage isn't bulged out to far because I can place the rear canopy on at it sits perfectly.

Also I haven't found any good images in all my references..........but does it but right up to the back of the seat?  If so, then it definitely won't touch the provided tabs.

It's like I need to add some support in there for it to rest on.

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Heres a link to my build and about 1/2 way down the first page you can see my cockpit/tank. Looks like mine fit ?

Went back down and quickly looked this morning.  I must of have the cockpit tweaked or something, despite test fitting multiple times, as it fits way better this morning.  Still not snug to the side walls, but it will rest on the tabs now.  Definitly don't want to draw the fuselage sides in as the canopy parts overhang then.

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hope these help ?

That does help, specifically the last picture.  Also shows their is a gap (at the top tip) between that insert and the spine of the fuselage.

Thanks Dennis.

• Like 1