1/48 -  Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 & MiG-15bis "Fagot" by Bronco Models - released - new Hobby2000 boxings

Homebee

I am building the Trumpeter Mig 15 UTI at present and looking at the sprue images, particularly the lower port wing, all the engraved detail is identical.  The upper wing also has one moulded fence and a slot and tab for the other. The moulding of the wing attachment on the fuselage also looks identical. Looks very much like a re box in that case.

8 minutes ago, neilh said:

I am building the Trumpeter Mig 15 UTI at present and looking at the sprue images, particularly the lower port wing, all the engraved detail is identical.  The upper wing also has one moulded fence and a slot and tab for the other. The moulding of the wing attachment on the fuselage also looks identical. Looks very much like a re box in that case.

I thought both the Trumpeter and Tamiya single-seater kits had a fuselage broken in the middle, to allow you to show the engine. The sprue image above shows a conventional right/left fuselage mould without a break. Could be a partial retool?

Regards, Jeff

Trumpeter - ref. 02805 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15UTI "Midget" - link

Trumpeter - ref. 02806 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15bis "Fagot-B" -  link

Have a look at the Trumpeter 1/48th MiG-15bis kit sprues here: https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-15-bis-Fagot-B.html

Definitely different IMO .

How could they be fundamentally different? Never forget the Bronco Models and the Trumpeter kits are supposed to reproduce the same type of aircraft. ;)

For having tried to assemble the Trumpeter kit some years ago I can say it's a PITA !

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 -  Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot" by Bronco Models - released

They may have taken a similar approach in certain areas but the sprues are different.  This is good news to me as I have wanted to add the Mig-15 to my collection but decided to pass on the Trumpy thinking at some point Eduard would release one.  But this might be a great choice.  I will wait for some reviews but this is good news to me!

Edited by Harold55
Sp
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeff Wilson said:

I thought both the Trumpeter and Tamiya single-seater kits had a fuselage broken in the middle, to allow you to show the engine. The sprue image above shows a conventional right/left fuselage mould without a break. Could be a partial retool?

Regards, Jeff

Doh! How did I miss that?   You are right, certainly the Trumpeter one I am building has the joint to display the engine ( and as someone has already commented, what a pain that joint was - as are most of the other ones in that kit).

• Like 2

I think that's because the built up example is not very built and the photo's are not that sharp either.  As already mentioned it's very much like the level of detail of the Trumpeter kit, perhaps without the engine , frame and other rear end internals since,  as I did not spot earlier in the thread, the fuselage is full length each side).

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 -  Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 & MiG-15bis "Fagot" by Bronco Models - released - new boxing

Some more fresh news about the standard boxings.

Source: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7077503809

- ref. FB4013 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15bis "Fagot-B" - Korean War

7cd741510fb30f24c3c6b342df95d143ac4b03f5

- ref. FB4014 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot-A" - Korean War

857810fc1e178a82256020e1e103738da877e8f6

Details & schemes

201109120627182087.jpg

An the first critics...

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/315206-148-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-15-mig-15bis-fagot-by-bronco-models-released/&do=findComment&comment=3026761

7IAuYaA.jpg

To sum up, here's the main problem:

20110908434929873.jpg

iy8hZfx.jpg

20201109200029-20445.jpg

20201109200027-29632.jpg

lCtHaU.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So.... i wait few years on to Eduard MiG-15. Czech are "MiG" positive and heavy "MiG Fanatics". MiG-21 in both scale was best "21" on market, small scale MiG-15 is too accurate with accurate shapes and differences between early MiG-15 and MiG-15Bis... In Czech Republic is based an flyable warbird too (MiG-15UTi) and  Czechoslovakian MiG-15 SB ( Stíhací bombardér - Fighter/Bomber) was used in early ´80 as light attacker ! So, when you can accurate MiG-15 in all versions and sub-versions in quarter scale wait for Eduard....

I think a MiG-15 in quarter scale is cursed.... But it is a ironic - in PLR must have thousands real MiG-15 in museum...and their not replicated it into accurate kit without flaws ?

So... i wait for "Ed"... And maybe bought (i can´t price tag) an MiG-15Bis from Bronco... (It looks accurate as early MiG-15).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AlCZ said:

But it is a ironic - in PLR must have thousands real MiG-15 in museum...and their not replicated it into accurate kit without flaws ?

You are not wrong.......

spacer.png

Take a look over on ARC at Gabor's comments on the weird double curvature at the wing root trailing edge..... (scroll down about half-way)....

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/315206-148-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-15-mig-15bis-fagot-by-bronco-models-released/page/2/#comments

Ken

• Like 2

Yes, i reacted on Gabor. 

Huh... this is impressive ! So in this sight is any innacurate kit of MiG-15 a bitter irony ! When you have really thousands MiG's in deposit and probably unlimited funds, when you can' t develop an accurate kit of this important and iconic 2rd. Gen jet-fighter ?

When Bronco have a accurate early stage and late (Bis)Fagot... so what he have strange curve on fuselage and totally inaccurate kit  of early MiG 15 ?

Yes, Eduard make better MiG-15 series, but in future. 

Sabre is in good quality (and now coming an Airfix offer) do why not a enemy - MiG-15 ?

It is sad... i can many years 1/48 MiG-15 in my collection, but when all kits are off... So i can build a small scale from Eddie. But quarter scale is most attractive for me...

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 01:30, AlCZ said:

(...) Sabre is in good quality (and now coming an Airfix offer) do why not a enemy - MiG-15 ? (...)

A new tool N.A. F-86F-30 Sabre (ref. FB4011) is also in the Bronco Models pipeline. :rolleyes:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235059154-148-north-american-f-86f-30-sabre-by-bronco-models-release-in-2020-2021/ 

Rather logical after the Korean War F-51D Mustang (ref. FB4012) and MiG-15/bis "Fagot" (ref. FB4013 & FB4014) isn't it?

The MiG-15 ref. FB4014 is now proposed on ebay: link

By the way: MiG-15 vs MiG-15bis

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mushroomModelPublications/photos/a.235811206448168/4081782945184289 

201113094801952117.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

7 hours ago, AlCZ said:

When Bronco have a accurate early stage and late (Bis)Fagot... so what he have strange curve on fuselage and totally inaccurate kit  of early MiG 15 ?

Is it really that bad? 

The extra curve, which looks quite gentle to my eyes (and interpretation) can be corrected with a rescribe and a little bit of filler.  It looks like the kit has made the wing to fuselage fairing narrow too much (top and underside) as it travels aft, which has resulted in that pinched shape against the fuselage.

The mistake with the wing root is not something that would particularly bother me about a kit, but I appreciate the opinions of others on the subject.  It is nice to see Bronco using relatively recent PRC history to promote modeling and thus hopefully draw new folks into the hobby.  I spent many years in both the Republic of Korea and Japan over a 25 year period and as the middle class grew, so too did the interest in our hobby.  Given the PRC’s immense population and ever growing middle class one can hope that our hobby will grow accordingly!

• Like 5