Bentley Blower (Humbrol 1:24)

Hi All,

I've just completed this build for the Heller GB and thought I'd pop her in the RFI as usual. As stated in the WIP, I've waited about 40 years to build this one. Hope you like her

Cheers

Nigel

2jZKv6R%5D

2jZLhoA%5D

2jZLhq9%5D

2jZKva8%5D

2jZFN81%5D

2jZLhjx%5D

2jZFN9d%5D

2jZFN6x%5D

2jZLhs3%5D

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

btw, you might want to edit your description.

I think you were thinking too much about paints cos you built this for the Heller GB 

Doh!! It was a Humbrol boxing of the Heller kit :facepalm:

Now changed (thank you) :smile:

On 10/30/2020 at 10:14 PM, Natter said:

That is really very nice indeed.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:49 AM, swralph said:

Lovely finish.

On 10/31/2020 at 4:26 PM, Moa said:

Nicely done!

Hi All, Very much appreciated. Thank You! :happy:

• Like 1

Hi Nigel. That looks absolutely superb!! Very well done. :worthy:

I remember seeing this kit - usually on the top shelves in model shops - years ago. Always impressed by the look of it and you have done an excellent job.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Very nice indeed, Nigel! I'm a confirmed aircraft modeller and don't often visit this corner of BM but, by complete coincidence, I've just put this kit on the desk and put the chromed parts into bleach to strip them; my son won it when he was an air cadet but never took to modelling, so he presented it to me a couple of weeks ago. It will be a slow-burn straight-from-the-box build, but I'll definitely be referring to your WiP thread.

Jon

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonners said:

Very nice indeed, Nigel! I'm a confirmed aircraft modeller and don't often visit this corner of BM but, by complete coincidence, I've just put this kit on the desk and put the chromed parts into bleach to strip them; my son won it when he was an air cadet but never took to modelling, so he presented it to me a couple of weeks ago. It will be a slow-burn straight-from-the-box build, but I'll definitely be referring to your WiP thread.

Jon

Many thanks. Glad you like her, Jon :happy:

A lot of cleaning-up-of-parts is required but it's worth it. Will you be doing a build thread? Please let me know of so; will be nice to watch another come together!

10 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Will you be doing a build thread?

I hadn't intended to, to be honest; it will be a no-pressure, when-I-can-fit-it-in build as I'm about to start a new work role commuting to almost as far north as it's possible to go in the UK! I'll bear it in mind, though - but I doubt that it will be as tidy as yours!

• Like 1

One of my all time favourites when it comes to between wars cars!!   Never saw this kit; but once built the Airfix 1/12th version for shop display but thats about it... Oh and the Airfix 1/32nd one from donkeys years ago. Must have built a few back then... around 3 or 4.

• Like 1

That's a real nice build I like the sharp photography too.The Bentley was the 1st model I built 5 years ago after a 40 years break.After many more kits I am thinking of doing the 12th scale one when it becomes available again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old John said:

That's a real nice build I like the sharp photography too.The Bentley was the 1st model I built 5 years ago after a 40 years break.After many more kits I am thinking of doing the 12th scale one when it becomes available again.

Hi John, thanks for the nice comments. There are plenty of 1:12 on the internet if you fancy one. Don’t forget a build thread if you do!! :wink:

• Like 1