Danish Air Force late hawker hunter overall green colour?

TOPGUN88

I was thinking of building my xtrakit hunter t7 into a late overall green colour danish Air Force aircraft. Does anyone know if this was dark NATO green or a different shade. I have read that different countries had different shades as NATO green But wondered what would be a close match in humbrol/Tamiya/ revell aqua. Also would this have been the same shade as their draken trainers? 

At the risk of opening up a large can of worms, there seems to have been considerable variation in NATO green. Canadian Starfighters were different shades of green, depending on the source of the finish. I think RAL Gelbolive is closely matched by Humbrol 155. I would be inclined to use Gelbolive as a base, and post shade the panel lines with the RAF colour Humbrol 163.

TW

• Thanks 1

I'm sure you know that the green paint the Danish Air Force used seemed to fade fast and quite badly, to produce a patchy and really shabby appearance  impressively quickly.   I don't recall seeing Hunters in that scheme, but their Drakens soon looked quite 'orrible. Rather suggest you could select almost any darkish green paint you want and then liberally weather and counter shade! ]

Freedom !

• Thanks 1

Over at Danske Modelbyggere (Danish Modellers) there's a tread about this.

It is in danish, but you can find the aircrafttype and the FS number and go from there!

https://www.danskemodelbyggere.dk/forum/index.php?topic=1818.0

I think the consensus is Dark Green FS34079, later FS14079 (same colour, different shine)

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1