Need help for MPM 1/72 Hudson cockpit.

SeaVenom

I finished my Hudson this morning, and here it is:

spacer.png

This from Revell's reboxing of the MPM Hudson, and it's been (how can I word this delicately?) the most challenging kit I've built since since my last MPM kit, which was (again) Revell's reboxing of MPM's Heinkel He 70, but even that wasn't

as bad as this!

The finishing scheme on this is taken from a photograph in Aircraft of the Fighting Powers, Vol.1, showing a turretless Hudson in flight. The turret position is faired over, I interpret the monochrome photo as DG/DE/Night, and it carries Type A1

roundels in six positions- it's known that Lockheed (incorrectly) applied roundels under the wings. Black undersurfaces shouldn't have had national markings applied. The authors of Aircraft of the Fighting Powers thought it was worthy of comment.

It's a poor model from a bad kit, but best described as challenging, but certainly not unbuildable . . .

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Your picture isn't loading for me Fifer.   

I've had a break from this for a few weeks hence me not going back to this thread but now I'm nearly finishing it.   One last thing (hopefully) I need a bit of help on is in step 13.   I'm fairly sure I know where part A38 fits onto H2 but parts A14 and A19 don't look right together when I glued them as they're both angled downwards.  The only parts I've seen resembling those parts in photo's of the real nose area look like they're not angled downwards and are on the opposite side to what's in the kit?

For the fuselage windows, a method that has always worked for me is to install them as early as possible in the build. I put them in place and a little proud of the outside surface, then, with a toothpick, I run a bead of gap filling super glue around the outside edge. When solid, I sand them flush and polish them. Then it's just masking for paint.

If your are interested, here's a link to my Classic Airframes build so far (cockpit completed) (windows installed as above)

Classic Airframes Hudson