Marham photos, 26 October 2020

Red Dot

hi all,

After a great day out at Marham yesterday, i thought i would post some of my pictures.

We saw all ten of the USMC F-35Bs and four RAF ones too. The weather wasn't too kind as the sun seemed to dissappear just before the aircraft were landing, but in terms of actual flying, it was an excellent day. The F-35 is certainly a very capable aircraft, as witnessed by one of the Marines taking off, holding low, rolling left for a top shot for the guys at the far end of the runway, then zoom climbing, rolling as he went, to vanish into cloud a few seconds later.

As for the landings, don't stand close to a hovering F-35. I can still hear the noise, but it was worth it (just),

Enjoy,

Andy

Cracking set of shots there Andy and sounds like a thoroughly good day out!  Out of interest which end of the runway were you located at and any problems parking or with unhappy farmers? I read recently a plea from the station commander for spotters to keep away which made me wonder why an enterprising farmer doesn't set up a dedicated viewing area like Waddington or John's field or, dare I say it, like Hyakuri! Cheers!

2 hours ago, Latinbear said:

Cracking set of shots there Andy and sounds like a thoroughly good day out!  Out of interest which end of the runway were you located at and any problems parking or with unhappy farmers? I read recently a plea from the station commander for spotters to keep away which made me wonder why an enterprising farmer doesn't set up a dedicated viewing area like Waddington or John's field or, dare I say it, like Hyakuri! Cheers!

I was at the Eastern end, where you walk towards the runway lights and then follow them to the hedge.

There were lots of people there and parking was at a premium, around 15 cars along the lane, in the gaps. There were also cars we passed at the other end too.

Apart from one idiot, who got told off by my missus, everyone was very well behaved and stayed off the crops. Apparently, there are no issues at this end, as long as that remains the case. Lucky for him, he listened 😃

I think that once the yanks go home, it will be quieter, plus flying is a bit hit and miss, unlike Lakenheath.

Food and drink would be a good plan, but I can't see it happening

Andy

• Thanks 1