The Dornier Do 17 family STGB chat

vppelt68

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@14)
  • 1 month later...
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@15)
  • 1 month later...
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@16)
  • 2 weeks later...

For those of us interested in this who don't yet have a kit you could do a lot worse then this;

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/eduard-edk11147-kampshift-dornier-do-17z-wwii-bomber-1-48-plastic-model-kit/

A very good price for what you get, rather helpfully I also had a £12 off voucher. 😉 So I am now all set! Or will be when it turns up!

• Like 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@18!)
23 minutes ago, Walter said:

Hi fellas when is this one on?

Thank you for your interest, Walter! If I get the "new rules" right, when a single type group build proposal gets 25 interested members signed in it will be subject to a vote next November. Thus I hope you'll sign in and also vote for this one in the first STGB bunfight... please 🙂

In the mean time, the High Wing GB later this year will be excellent to display various types of Dorniers, the high wing experts!

V-P

The venerable Dornier 17 is one of my favourite types. I know I've got the Airfix Z-2, a couple of the Frog kits and the Airfix E/F. Also mightily tempted by the Eduard 1/48 kit mentioned above.

Either way, count me in please!

Steve

• Thanks 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@19!)
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@20)
20 hours ago, modelling minion said:

For those of us interested in this who don't yet have a kit you could do a lot worse then this;

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/eduard-edk11147-kampshift-dornier-do-17z-wwii-bomber-1-48-plastic-model-kit/

Just had a closer look at this kit. That's a good price for what's included, and the fact it has an option for a 9/KG 76 aircraft has sold it for me. Been obsessed with the 18th August low level Kenley raid since reading Alfred Price's book as a kid, so this Eduard boxing may have to accidentally fall into my shopping basket.

Edit: Oops! Just noticed the kit option is 8/KG 76. Not to worry! Still having it!

• Like 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@21)
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@22)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@23)
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@24!)

Okay, I'm keen.

I have a 1/72 Italeri Do217M (Historic Upgrade)that I had to buy because of its box art.

I also think its a great looker, but a group build may be the best way to get this thing built.

• Like 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (@25+)
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB

I have a Koster 1/48 Do-217E/J/N-1 If that would qualify. Looking for an good excuse ,or poor one, to build the nightfighter version.

• Like 1