The Dornier Do 17 family STGB chat

vppelt68

12 hours ago, JohnT said:

2022 ?  Surely enough time for someone to issue a Do-17 in 1/32?  Please!!!

If it was a Do17E/F with the early cockpit and inline engines I'd be very very tempted by that.... As nice as the more popular Do17Z variants are, they're just not as nice as the early ones.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

If it was a Do17E/F with the early cockpit and inline engines I'd be very very tempted by that.... As nice as the more popular Do17Z variants are, they're just not as nice as the early ones.

I agree completely, the E/F and M/P are very attractive aircraft. I was hoping ICM would visit them in 1/48 after doing the variations on the Z.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Why not both or am I being greedy?

• Like 2

I'll probably build a Do 215B-4 in the High Wing GB, later this year. It's got all the good parts - lots of geometrical shapes in straight panes - in its cockpit glazing, but good old Daimler-Benz inline engines instead of the Baader-Meinhof Waggonfabrik- radial engines. For this GB it'll be something else, then. V-P

24 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I'll probably build a Do 215B-4 in the High Wing GB, later this year. It's got all the good parts - lots of geometrical shapes in straight panes - in its cockpit glazing, but good old Daimler-Benz inline engines instead of the Baader-Meinhof Waggonfabrik- radial engines. For this GB it'll be something else, then. V-P

Two Dorniers are better than one

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you to all you nearly 30 members who have signed in on this GB proposal. With a pic: :thanks:

Now this was just the first step; the big one needs to be taken over the hurdle in November called the Bunfight. If you really wish this to happen, remember to VOTE! V-P

• Like 1

... and here’s some inspirational material due out this September that should help heighten everyone’s enthusiasm. You’ve got my vote V.P. 
Cheers.. Dave 

51266383734_6d637f468e_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

... and here’s some inspirational material due out this September that should help heighten everyone’s enthusiasm. You’ve got my vote V.P. 
Cheers.. Dave 

51266383734_6d637f468e_b.jpg

Oh Bugger, something else to fail miserably at resisting buying! Thanks Dave!😄

• Haha 2

Hi,

if it is for 2022, please count me in with an old 1/72 Airfix Do 17 E/F....

It must have been one of the very first kits I bought, long before I learned the word stash.... Terrible word, that.

Now may be its chance.

Cheers

JR

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Get the votes in on this one! It should make it as only the least popular STGB won't (9 slots, 10 candidates) and it's looking like the Leopard tank GB will be the unlucky one, but it is only four votes behind this one

Edit: there are 11 vying for 7 places! We need to vote to get this through

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@JWM

@Rabbit Leader

@Greg Law

@Mottlemaster

@klr

@modelling minion

@Fatcawthorne

@Arniec

@stevehnz

@SoftScience

@CliffB

@DaveyGair

@Potato Pete

@feoffee2

@Andwil

@fightersweep

@Walter

@Jabba

@Dansk

@Toryu

@TonyOD

@wayne 0

@Tim R-T-C

@LorenSharp

@JohnT

@81-er

@jean

@JOCKNEY

@Richard Tucker

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Get the votes in on this one! It should make it as only the least popular STGB won't (9 slots, 10 candidates) and it's looking like the Leopard tank GB will be the unlucky one, but it is only four votes behind this one

Edit: there are 11 vying for 7 places! We need to vote to get this through

Hi Adam,

I have already voted for the Do 17 STGB... I wish I could vote again.

Fingers crossed!

JR

• Like 1

Theres still time… The strategic voting hasn't started yet. Next week when were halfway through we will see votes shift. Some that voted earlier will move votes that aren't going to pan out. I will be doing this myself as some of my builds are at the bottom of the pile. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Got my vote in!

Still got that Do 17 waiting in the wings for you.

We need to give that dialogue a kick up the bum! 😁

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

We need to give that dialogue a kick up the bum! 😁

Mostly my fault I think. Life has been crazy for a while here and modelling has taken a back seat much to my frustration!

• Like 1